cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200mb upgrade but only getting 35-50mb

haworthwhite
Tuning in
I recently got the upgrade to the 200mb broadband speeds (I was previously on 50mb)

Since the upgrade I am not receiving any increased speed. Download between 35-50mb and upload less than 3mb

Have reset the router but no change, whilst diagnostics says everything is OK.

Any help would be appreciated
32 REPLIES 32

Hi

Issue with mine was that I hadn't been sent an updated Hub, I still had old Super Hub.  Would be worth checking that with Technical support or raising as a new subject rather than as a comment on this page as nobody will be checking as it got resolved.

Good luck

Hi

Sorry for delay but issue was resolved some time back so hadn't spotted your comment

Issue with mine was that I hadn't been sent an updated Hub, I still had old Super Hub.  Would be worth checking that with Technical support or raising as a new subject rather than as a comment on this page as nobody will be checking as it got resolved.

Good luck

Ipaul
Joining in
I'm getting the same speed as I did before my superhub 3 install yesterday. Account shows Vivid 200 and hub shows the right setting described above. Any ideas?

Issue with mine was that I hadn't been sent an updated Hub that I needed to get the 200MB, I still had old Super Hub.  Would be worth checking that with Technical support or raising as a new subject rather than as a comment on this page as nobody will be checking as it got resolved.

Good luck

I have Vivid 200, but I get only 112mbps. I've checked the SuperHUB 2 config, it says the below, and there is no way to change it. Shouldn't VM set it to 200000000+ during the upgrade?

Max Traffic Rate 115100000 bps

Max Traffic Burst 42600 bytes

Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds experienced StNeots197,

What type of connection are you currently testing? Hardwired or wireless?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Hi, In the meantime I contacted VM, I was told I need to wait until Saturday when we get a TV box delivered and then I need to activate the new package (although it's not really clear how the 100->200mbps broadband update is connected to the TV box)...

Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi StNeots197,

Thanks for posting.

I've checked your account and I can see you've spoken to the team since your last post. Is everything okay now?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Yes, thank you, issue sorted.

I have EXACTLY the same problem! recently upgraded to 200Mb, but only getting around 50Mbps - bit disappointing I think, but what do you expect? I live in St Neots, and I heard they do have speed issues...