Menu
Ryank97
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

200mb is getting low speeds of 400kb on wired internet

Since getting the 200mb upgrade we have always had about 50mb on wired internet at an average which is still really bad but was sort of usable,but recently over the last few days the average is now about 5mb and will fluctuate from 400kb to about 15mb. Is there any way to fix this issue or is it a problem with the broadband itself

Thanks Ryan
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb is getting low speeds of 400kb on wired internet

You can sign in to https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index and check your service status, if no fault is reported you can run a test on your Broadband to see if any issues come up, if a fault is determined you can arrange for an engineers visit on-line.  You can also request a compensatory refund for services not received by dialing 150.

If you just received an upgrade from 50Mbps or 70Mbps Broadband to 200 Mbps Broadband you need your SuperHub upgraded as well to SuperHub 3 in order to get the higher speeds.

Your home equipment (PC, laptop etc) also needs a Gigabit ethernet card 10/100/1000 set to duplex 1000.  If it has an older card fitted eg 10/100 then it can't receive speeds above 100Mbps.   That can be sorted by exchanging the card for a Gigabit card. You can check it on your PC in device manager and property's of the card.

0 Kudos
Ryank97
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers.
How is it that you get the hub upgraded though, do you just phone and ask for it or should they have done it automatically ?

Thanks Ryan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryank97,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to rear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've checked your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Re..(F004048057). Our technicians are working to get this sorted out as soon as possible and have set a review date of 11th January 2017.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so we can discuss this further.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out