Menu
Juggmeister
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

200mb connection only getting 70...can someone check?

Recently had the connection upgraded to 200mbs and was getting 205ish.  Last few days the internet has randomly dropped out for a minute at a time on several occasions and several speedtests over the day are showing a max download of 80 and more usually 60 to 70.  Can someone check my line please?  I've checked Service Status and nothing shows and the self diagnostic feature of the website isn't working at all (has it ever been).   I'm running the SH in modem mode but have checked the connection wired directly to the SH and get exactly the same results. Many thanks..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb connection only getting 70...can someone check?

Hi Juggmeister,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you're experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The power levels are within range, there are are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low, which is good. I appreciate the tests you have already completed, however the speeds are still the same.

Do you notice this speed at all times of the day?

Are you able to try another speed test direct to the Super Hub (leaving it in modem mode and disconnecting your router) and have the PC/laptop in Safe Mode with Networking?

When you use speedtest.net, select the default server and post a screenshot/link of the results please.

Do you get these same speeds on another device?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Juggmeister
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is consistent 70mb all the time, internet drop outs at least once per hour.  I called support, went through all the usual wired connection checks, channel changes etc and was then told it's "Over Utilisation".   To be honest I'm not convinced I was being told the truth. It seemed a bit convenient.  Anyway I was given a date for a fix of 9th November.  It's not any better now.  To the point where we have called and reduced our contracted speed to something closer to what we are getting.  Strangely VM were happy to do this without actually attempting to address any issues. Right now you are right in BT Infinite range if you know what I am saying...

Over Utilisation reference is F004554282...  I would appreciate some feedback.

0 Kudos
Juggmeister
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Juggmeister, 

Thanks for posting about your issues with slow speeds, I apologise for any troubles.

I have tested things from here and I can see that everything looks great, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges. 

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected, wired or wireless?

It would be great if you could run a speed test with the Hub in modem mode connected directly to the computer via ethernet cable and post the results here.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Juggmeister
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have done all this several times. You will know that because I said it before.

The slow connection still persists. Ping is fine and connection seems stable now, but slow.  We have reduced our package but are still being told there is a Utilisation problem with the reference I've already given.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Juggmeister, 

Thanks for getting back to me.

The only reason I say I can see nothing wrong is because I have checked the fault ticket, reference number F004554282 and it has been marked as resolved.

Does this not reflect in performance? Please respond to me here with some copies of wired speed test results to have a look at and compare with the data that we have here.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos