Menu
spikyash
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

200mb connection 20-30mb during 5pm onwards?

im paying for a 200mb connection and at 5pm onwards im only receiving 20-30? i understand that around that time more people are online and speeds do drop a bit but for it to drop 20-30???? that cant be right?

anyone to help would be apreciated many thanks

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb connection 20-30mb during 5pm onwards?

Oh it can drop to that!!!!

I assume at other times you get the full amount?

Hang on for a week or so and a virgin member of staff will check your status and let you know if your in a officially contended area and when something may be done about it, or when the next review is.

I was severely contended for quite a while.. its better now, but still not perfect, so things are being looked at, just they are taking their time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi spikyash, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with slow speeds, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that your upstream power levels are too high and an engineer will need to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
spikyash
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam,

I Had the engineer come out on Friday!, he checked my router and everything was completely fine. he did find out that my area (24) has a utilization issue. which the website on the service checker does not say anything about this. he has told me that the estimate fix is June/July. which means i am going to have to sit here and suffer with the slow speeds. it would be nice to actually warn people of this issue as it has been going since last year! especially as I'm paying full price for a connection that I'm not fully getting 24/7.

0 Kudos