Menu
Spookyville
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

200mb - a joke?

Called retentions this morning after not getting any joy with tech support regarding the recent issues the gaming latency in our area (BD12) which is blamed on the over utilisation this area is suffering. Despite that generally browsing speeds (ergo speed tests were in the main fine - 152 dropped to around 100mb in the worst periods) so annoying but not catastrophic.

Retentions said oh we can upgrade you to 200mb today if you like, system says all good to go. Fine I said, why not? The button was pressed and my service fell through the floor. I am trying this after a speed test of 16mb (on 200mb) I have wasted far too much time on hold and being put through to the wrong teams - on hold 20 mins at a time for your system to put me through to the tv team and the mobile team when I need the broadband team. You need to sort that one out fast. Happened 4 times today.

Tech support are as ineffective as I remember. Blaming the fact I have been moved to a new server due to the 200mb and nothing they can do. SO I am supposed to put with a supposed faster service that is far far far worse than the one I was paying for last night? Customer service in the Philippines then suggested my area was not ready yet - in that case why did retentions upgrade me???

I will be on to retentions again tomorrow morning wasting more of my time and I realise just looking at these forums I am far from the only person in this unacceptable position but Virgin take note you better resolve this or there will be hell to pay. 

(I will wait for an official VM person to respond, no need for any pretend "advisors" to pipe up when there is nothing you can do in reality)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb - a joke?

Hi Spookyville,

Sorry to hear your speeds are worse on the new package. 

I've checked your connection and the contention levels look to have lessened a great deal in the last 24 hours even though fault F003496565 is still open with a review date of 23/12/15. I'm afraid there isn't anything we can do through the forum, we need to wait for the work to be completed in the area to see what improvements this brings. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ntlworld_user
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

200mb - a joke?

Yes it is. 20mbs maybe, not 200!

17mbs.jpg

152mbs NN15 Area 31

0 Kudos
Spookyville
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Regularly drops below 20mb for speed tests weekday evenings and weekends when I am at home and want to utilise it. On-line gaming is virtually impossible due to the lag/latency. Not impressed at all and certainly not getting the service/package advertised and paying for every month.  

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

The club is growing every day Smiley LOL (18 months and counting for me).

Enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
kirsty123
Superfast
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Don't hold your breath. We were waiting for over 1 year for the "work to be completed", and guess what? We are experiencing slow speeds again.

They don't care. They will tell you the same old bulls..t over and over. Then if you finally decide you have had enough, they threaten you with early termination charges lol.

Increasing the speeds before they have fixed the known issues proves they don't think things through. Its just another way to get new customers. Which in turn will make our "utilisation problems" far worse. But again they couldn't give a s..t!

0 Kudos
ntlworld_user
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

The problem is Virgin mediocre put out false advertising on the TV encouraging new buyers.

Those buyers then sign up in a false hope of the 200mbs. Unfortunately what they get is standing room on an already overloaded train, when they think they are getting a seat in first class.

The overloaded train then cannot carry the capacity of existing customers, let alone all the new ones that are hanging onto the roof and the system derails for everyone onboard. VM should stop selling products in areas where they clearly cannot meet an expected standard of service, until they can service not only new customers, but existing ones also.

0 Kudos
robbojc
Up to speed
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Heres mine,is there anyone out there that gets 150+ during prime time in the evenings

The above is quite high for me im usually less than 1

0 Kudos
ntlworld_user
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

We all like a screen shot, Anyone thinking of buying Virgin Media Broadband in the NN15 area, this is how 200mbs looks in reality:

10mbs.jpg12mbs.jpg13mbs.jpg20mbs.jpg

0 Kudos
Spookyville
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

The proposed fix date of 23/12/15 never happened, new date is 27/05/16. Expect it will be put back further in may too...
0 Kudos