Menu
beastman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

200mb Vivid. Poor speeds ls12

Hi 

I have complained a few times on here regarding poor speeds all to no avail. The recent arbitrary increases ( to pay for BT sports which I don't have?) are making me re evaluate the service I am receiving. I am lucky if I reach 25% of the Vivid 200 superfast speed, for which I pay a premium. I am thinking a sh fault it's a 485 model and I believe it has now been superseded? Is there any chance of a hub swap out?  I use the 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb Vivid. Poor speeds ls12

If it's over utilization no hub swap will help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
beastman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Update

Rang Virgin talked to a very polite individual who informed me he could see a problem which he could address remotely by " clearing the line" .?? Any how carried this out and rebooted as per instructions. Informed all was fine🙄. Monitored now for a couple of days and guess what it's worse! Constantly dropping connections. Please help as seriously considering a move as not getting what I pay a premium for. Help!

beastman wrote:

Hi 

I have complained a few times on here regarding poor speeds all to no avail. The recent arbitrary increases ( to pay for BT sports which I don't have?) are making me re evaluate the service I am receiving. I am lucky if I reach 25% of the Vivid 200 superfast speed, for which I pay a premium. I am thinking a sh fault it's a 485 model and I believe it has now been superseded? Is there any chance of a hub swap out?  I use the 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All the phone staff can do is reboot your router and change wireless settings. They can really do much themselves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos