Menu
egzee
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

200mb Broadband

I have done several tests on my broadband speed over the past few weeks (wired connection) and as of yet have never once got anywhere near 200mb best to date has been 130.. can you really justify charging e for something i am not getting?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb Broadband

Hi egzee,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and everything is looking healthy at the moment. Levels are all within spec and there are no issues with the network in your area.

I'd like you to try running a speed test with the hub in Modem Mode, then post the result.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
egzee
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

http://www.speedtest.net/result/6025371293.png

this is normal and i NEVER get higher.. tested at all times of the day to eliminate high traffic.. basically i am not getting what i pay for

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm, this is on a wired connection with cat5e or over cable?

0 Kudos
egzee
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is.. of course.. wifi is even slower

0 Kudos
egzee
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
egzee
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

and my hub is a superhub 2ac maybe need a superhub 3?

0 Kudos
cappy
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have same 200mbps superhub but same as every ISP you get the following 

Your connection speed is now up to 200Mbps.

"up to" meaning you could get less. Usually depending on the usage in your area, distance your router is from the cabinet, etc. I know it's not what you wanna hear and it frustrates me too but you're getting adequate speeds at the moment. It could get better, it could be worse. I've had 220mbps at times but at the moment I'm lucky if I get 50mbps. I've been with Virgin since inception, NTL before that and it's always been hit and miss. When it works it's great, when it's broke it's like pulling teeth out.

0 Kudos
Gopher04
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don't get a v.3 of the hub, there is a major fault with them, plus you don't need it, your hub you have is fine, as for your connection, ultra slow speeds at weekend and peak times during the week is a nation wide problem, VM will tell you different, just read the forums here and the rest of the net, they have over utilized and can not cope, and in some form they are dropping the power, they are breaking their contract as they are supplying below the 40% of everyone's contracted download speeds.

0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Judging by the fact that very new subscribers are posting here also, VM are probably also sailing very close the the wind on breaking UK law, in the form of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.  They should be making potential new customers fully aware of anything that might compromise the advertised service and as they can't possibly claim that they don't know of the current issues, they need to be very careful.

0 Kudos