Menu
nigelmacpherson
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

200mb Broadband Speed Slow

I currently pay for 200 speed and currently get between 8-10 (upload is faster at 12)

Any help would be appreciated...
Am in the TF1 area if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance
Nigel
0 Kudos
nigelmacpherson
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb Broadband Speed Slow

Just editing, I put my work area not my home, actually TF3 postcode (Area 04)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nigel

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry we took a while getting here and for the slow speeds. No worry about the postcode as I have identified the connection from the forum recorded IP address. We do have a problem with high peak time traffic on your segment I am afraid. We are already aware of it ref F003845498 and would like to carry out some upgrade work. The review date is currently showing 08/02/2017. Please accept our apologies and if you would be so kind to wait a few days one of the forum team will be in contact to discuss further.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
nigelmacpherson
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nicola
0 Kudos
Hydrops
Dialled in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Don't wait around for the review date to be pushed, do yourself a solid and ditch and switch.

Getting consistently shafted by highly fluctuated ping during "peek" all daylight hours.
0 Kudos
nigelmacpherson
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm in my contract at the moment so can't ditch, however tonight is the worst ever!
Can't stream a movie, its back to 56k dial up lol

0.32Mb down and 6.3Mb up
I pay for 200 speeds!!!
cousineddie
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am also into my 200MB Gamer contract but have had no problems ending the contract due to the over utilisation in the area.

Has been going on for months (in gornal area 04) started as soon as the free upgrade happened, and was told august,then october then december now they are saying april/may so I have ditched them and gone with BT Infinity.

I will only get 50MB but its what I pay for.

You will have no issues cancelling your contract ,just threaten them with ofcom.

Tcinnamon
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Nigel leave VM. I have had problems for months and they always give the same response that it's peak times. I am on 100Mbps and only get 10Mbps if I'm lucky. This is by happening at peak times. It's happening at 2pm on a Tuesday in a residential area. I've complained so many times and nothing is being resolved. I have asked to escalate my problem and asked for an email address to contact someone more senior but according to the "support" they don't have emails. This is an internet company that doesn't have emails for work purposes. I mean come on!! It's like they think we were born yesterday. It's an absolute joke and appallingly bad service. They are in breach of their contracts with all of us and I am now taking my complaint to ofcom.

I wish you luck but I would suggest you look at alternative providers
nigelmacpherson
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Will certainly look into it, thanks for all the input folks 😄
nigelmacpherson
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Bit of an update...

Nothing has yet improved, tonight I have 6mb download speed... have tested on and off at different times of the day since I last posted and the best I managed to get was 84mb yesterday at 8am in the morning, other than that it's been around the 12-17 mark... :-(

0 Kudos