Menu
sc00terx
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

200Mbps dec 2016 its jan 2017 and still no update

Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 152Mbps to up to 200Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS - the magic in our cables. Look out for it between December 2016 and December 2016

its now 1017 and  no 200Mbps  

whats going on  ??

Sc00terx
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200Mbps dec 2016 its jan 2017 and still no update

Hi sc00terx, 

Thanks for getting in touch with your query with regards to being upgraded from 152 Mbps to 200 Mbps, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I've had a look into this for you and I noticed that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak times. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this. 

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance especially during the peak times. For practical reasons this is why the upgrade from 152 Mbps to 200 Mbps has not yet happened and as soon as these upgrades are completed it should be applied for you.

The reference number for this is F004943881 and is currently scheduled for a review around the beginning of May. 

Whilst I was running diagnostics on your connection, I noticed that both of your upstream power levels are too high and will need to be addressed by one of our engineers. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this is all booked and secured for you. I will also discuss the fault reference number mentioned in the PM.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sc00terx
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi why in this case was the info not , well  put to this year than just let it sit there saying  2016   make virgin look like (  put joke here  )  a update would of been good to know  than have us run after  you 

also when there is a slow speed problem why dont virgin refund  and not just wait to see if any one calls  that mite help what you look like to the  uk 

just a idea   i bet it will never  go that way  as they save a lot of money  there way but when you know there is a fault that say 100  members have   you  should refund them and not just sit and wait  not good  

Sc00terx
0 Kudos
maxmarutti
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sc00terx wrote:

also when there is a slow speed problem why dont virgin refund  and not just wait to see if any one calls  that mite help what you look like to the  uk 

VIVID 150 yeah ? Upgraded 1 month ago ,well average dwl 36mb/sec   upl 7.70 mb/sec   ping 67   and this is average , peak time average is dwl 0.2 - 5mb/sec  upl 4mb/sec  ping 140-170 - bill adjustment £ 5 Robot LOL Robot Mad   

@thinkbroadband