Menu
FluffyFraggle
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

200Mbps Vivid gamer but getting less than 10mbps!

This is getting ridiculous now. I have contacted Virgin a few times and each time I'm told something different. It's either my router (which is less than 6 months old) or it's a service area fault. But I don't believe that. It happens at peak times which is getting ridiculous now! 

I noticed that my speed was dropping tremendously and was told it was because there was a traffic system in place so I was told to upgrade to vivid gamer which I did. But nothing has improved! I am seriously thinking of switching service providers as this is way too slow for me and I don't see why I should pay for a service I obviously do not receive. 

0 Kudos
ldc2710
Joining in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200Mbps Vivid gamer but getting less than 10mbps!

im in the same boat as you with the 220mb service,just dont a test and only getting 7.72 mbps at the moment,think it might be time to change isp as this is not the first time its happening and when i got 3 kids on the net along with myself and sometime the wife with pc/consoles ect it becomes very annoying

0 Kudos
vorn
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

hi im the same i have 150 mb down and at peak times they throttle you i get between 10 -24 mb if im lucky thee speeds are joke and i pay for 150 but when ots peak times they have alot of traffic and use the excus theres work in your area and there may be a fault its getting stupid been with virgin for years but getting to the stage that i have had enough 

also when i complain they say do this test show me the numbers unplug this do that 

i am hard wired to a pc with  running a good solid system and its always around the same time 

VIRGIN media SHOULD state that in great big capitals that yes these are our speeds but when we feel like it e will throttle you connection and so everyone can get a small ok service ,but were still going to charge you for the service you brought but were not going to give you what we stated in your contract were just going restrict your service for a few hours a day and tell you theres a fault in your area or an issue with your products i,e the wireless hub not sending out a signal ,,,,even tho im hard wired 

if you can get  bt in your area go for it most gamers and STREAMERS (online gamers for twith) use bt or sky i know a few and they have all said they get better servive without throtling they need this due to its there job 

but in all fairness if you pay for a product and you have a contract and you are only getting low speeds and not what you have been contracted to you 

if i get 150 or should do then the minimum i should recieve is 70 

for yours 200 minimum 100 

75--minimum of 50 

and so on       

rant over 

regards soon to be ex virgin customer 

forgot to say the times are always 6pm -- to 10pm ish everyday 

0 Kudos
FluffyFraggle
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes! Same as me with 4 kids and myself. Some of us are gamers too which is why vivid gamer seemed like the best option so we're not lagging. Now, I seem to be lagging more than normal! It's not good at all Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
vorn
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

im the same and as are MANY others i have 150 mb down and at peak times they throttle you i get between 10 -24 mb if im lucky thee speeds are joke and i pay for 150 but when ots peak times they have alot of traffic and use the excus theres work in your area and there may be a fault its getting stupid been with virgin for years but getting to the stage that i have had enough 

also when i complain they say do this test show me the numbers unplug this do that 

i am hard wireds to a pc  running a good solid system and its always around the same time 6pm-10pm ish

VIRGIN media SHOULD state that in great big capitals that yes these are our speeds but when we feel like it will throttle your connection and so everyone can get a small ok service ,but were still going to charge you for the service you brought but were not going to give you what we stated in your contract were just going restrict your service for a few hours a day and tell you theres a fault in your area or an issue with your products i,e the wireless hub not sending out a signal ,,,,even tho im hard wired 

if you can get  bt in your area go for it most gamers and STREAMERS (online gamers for twith) use bt or sky i know a few and they have all said they get better servive without throtling they need this due to its there job 

but in all fairness if you pay for a product and you have a contract and you are only getting low speeds and not what you have been contracted to you 

if i get 150 or should do then the minimum i should recieve is 70 

for yours 200 minimum 100 

75--minimum of 50 

and so on       

rant over 

regards soon to be ex virgin customer 

0 Kudos
vorn
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

you shuld check out bt there speeds arnt as quick but 99% of the time they are constant speeds my mates got bt and 2 kids ones 9 ones 11 and they never have an issue worth checking there deals if virgin keeps throting your internet
0 Kudos
ldc2710
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

but i thought on vivid 200-300 we wasnt under any traffic management

0 Kudos
vorn
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

im not sure you should check the fine print but if your having issues nearly everyday at around the same times then they are they may not tell you when i have brought this up im told to check connection unplug the modem there maybe a fault ring them and see what they say normally after all this and you have checked your connection they will go ,,, oh yes maybe there is we will  schedule an engineer to come and check out the issue and then it starts all over again there are plenty of forums and issues related to this problem   

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/im-not-getting-the-broadband-speed-i-was-promised-what...

thats interesting read about what you can do when not getting the proper service 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi FluffyFraggle,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I've taken a look at your connection and there is an issue with high peak time traffic in your area with reference number F005091119.

I can imagine how frustrating this must be and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
FluffyFraggle
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Samantha. 

So what does this mean? Will it be sorted? Will I get refunded for not receiving the package I pay for? Is it temporary or permanent? I appreciate your reply but all you've said is there is high traffic. Obviously I know this, due to the very low speeds I'm getting. I just want to know if it's going to get sorted or should I look for another provider. 

0 Kudos