Menu
fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

200Mbit upgrade

I'm in area 03 and when I check the keep up site it says that the speed upgrade is now available and that I should log in to claim my upgrade.

I'm currently on 152Mbit and when I log in the only upgrade to 200 is to pay an extra 40+ pounds a month to get the 200 gamer bundle.

I'm confused, I thought i would be automatically upgraded to 200?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200Mbit upgrade

Hi fizzyade, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having difficulty upgrading your speeds. 

When signing in to My Virgin Media, there should be a yellow bar on the first landing page. You can upgrade this way. 

If you still don't have any luck, speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they'll be able to manually process the upgrade for you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When I log into my virgin media all I see is this:

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 08.28.36.png

There is no yellow bar.  I'm loathed to speak to customer services for a number of reasons:

1.) I value my soul and every time I speak to CS representative on the phone a little bit of it dies.

2.) It often ends up with them messing up my package, changing my contract etc.

fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As expected talking to customer services was an utter waste of time, said I wasn't available and that I should check the speed upgrade website.

Told him that that tells me it is available and that when I log into my virginmedia I see the message telling me that my free upgrade will be a available last month.

Told me that if he was to increase my charge by £1 a month he could put me on 200M, I then said that would put me on a new contract and he said yes.

So, what is it?  I've been offered a free upgrade which according to your website should have already been applied but isn't,

Seriously, talking to your customer support line is one of the most depressing things in the world.

0 Kudos
fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can somebody please answer this, I waited the "week" for the initial response, I don't want to wait a week for every response, I'm getting properly ticked off now.

Just phoned customer "services" again and got the same response, can't do the free upgrade as it's not available but I should check to the upgrade site to see when it's available, which I've already pointed out tells me it's already available:

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 09.34.30.png

As you can see from  a message above when I log into my virgin media it also tells me that my speed upgrade will be ready last month!

It's really infuriating when you're told "to keep checking the upgrade site" to find out when it's available when it is already telling you that it's available but if I want to pay more and enter myself into a new contract then they can add it straight away then and there.

0 Kudos
adam16234
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You're lucky you are getting over 50mbps with virgin im on the 150 bundle I'm on 5 mbps download speed at all times its a bad service

0 Kudos
fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All sorted.

Thanks for the forum staff for sorting this, I really couldn't face another conversation with the customer support call centre!

fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just as a follow up incase anybody else has this problem.....

You can see from above, that when I use the speed upgrade website that it shows that it's available for me and that I should log into my virginmedia account to activate the boost.

But, when I logged in all I saw was the purple picture saying "Hold on, you speed boost....." message which was telling me that I could have it last month!

As per the staff response, I tried ringing the customer support but they were adamant that I could not have the upgrade as it was not showing as available and kept saying I should look at the speed upgrade site....which I kept telling them was saying that it was available and that all I needed to do was to login to apply it.

The first guy I spoke to kept telling me that however I upgraded, I would go onto a new contract and in the end saying "if I increase your payment by £1 you can have the upgrade now", I said "that would put me on a new contract" and we went around in circles.

I tried again this morning, but again, no resolution.

If anybody else has this problem, you need start a new post (and explain that you are told that you can get the upgrade but the option is missing when you log in) and wait for the online support to respond (yes, it takes a week, but it would appear this is the only way of getting it solved).  Once they've responded, they should be able to sort it for you one way or another.

Be very careful about accepting any "upgrade" from the telephone customer support because you may unwittingly end up on a new contract.

Most important of all, don't bump your post if you haven't heard back after a couple of days, it takes a approx a week for the support team here to get through the posts and each time you bump it you will go to the bottom of the queue.