Menu
M88TOX
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

200MEG but only ever had 60meg max

I switched to 200meg months ago but this last month or so iv got round to finally testing my speeds and iv only been getting 20 to 60 meg max. I average 30meg most the time. iv tried turning the modem off all night , iv done a factory reset in the hub itself but still no joy. this is a wired connection to my new pc build not a cheap setup , nothing is by the modem or the pc that can interfere either.

any ideas why I'm not getting more speeds? .  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200MEG but only ever had 60meg max

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

0 Kudos
M88TOX
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Capture downstream.PNGnetlog.PNGupstream.PNG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your downstream power levels are too high.

You'll likely need an engineer out. Ive flagged for staff

M88TOX
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you .

I got told virgin was doing upgrades in the area but iv not seen any one from virgin around this area in a very long time so just waited, and waited..... 

iv only been getting 3meg today .

iv had 200meg since April this year and got a log of all the speed tests iv done since then and not one is over 60 meg. most it under 80% of the time its bellow 10meg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt Kippies.

Hello M88TOX

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry we took a while getting here and for the slow speeds. It looks like you have a couple of issues.

We do have a problem with high peak time traffic on your segment I am afraid. As you mentioned we are already aware of it ref F004133742 and would like to carry out some upgrade work. The review date is currently showing 15 MAR 2017. Please accept our apologies and if you would be so kind to wait a few days one of the forum team will be in contact to discuss further.

The other problem as Kippies observed is high power levels received at the hub. Best we send an engineer to investigate please. I will send you a forum private message to arrange an appointment.

Thank you, speak soon

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello M88TOX

Thanks for getting back, I have booked you an engineer, please check your PM for details. 

Good luck with the visit and if you have a moment let us know how it goes in this thread.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos