Menu
malcolmnewble
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

200 vivid gamer

hi guys we are on the 150 speed at the moment and we keep having speed issues in the area around peek times ... i phoned up VM when the speed was rubbish and ended up speaking with billing dept. to get compensation and moaning about speeds he told me that the vivid 200 gamer would solve the issues with speed because we would be on a different line or server so wont suffer from speed loss.

is there anyone with information that could set me on the right track as would like to upgrade asap if it would solve our internet problems.

thanks 

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200 vivid gamer

That was poop. You'll still be on the same network as you are now.

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
malcolmnewble
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

so is there no one from virgin media or other knowledgeable people that can confirm whether all packages are on the same line and server or if we/you pay for a higher package you get put onto a different server/line so therefore would not end up with internet speed being reduced in peek times ?

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Som1 correct me if im wrong but thats a load of bulldrip.

you aint going to be on a different line....cant believe your just take some kid advisors word for it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ahh you haven't seen the magical extra line that got installed in your house at the same time as your normal one.

Normally VM don't use it as they want customers to not know about it, but every now and again one of those offshore lot will 'activate' the magic line and promise it will stop all issues you are having.

It's the 'magic' in the cables.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

pete7049
Well-informed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

In a nutshell, VM will say anything to get more of your money. You'll be on the same network/exchange/cable as you are now, but you'll just be paying more for it. Have a look around this forum, there are plenty of posts about people on the top tiers suffering from over utilisation. 

Paypal me a Tenner, and I'll give you next weeks winning Lotto numbers. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@pete7049

You even laid some of these extra magic cables when you did Stevenage didn't you? Didn't you feel the tingle of the magic in the cables when you touched them?

It was quite rude of you to hook customers up to the big standard cables and not these contention free magic cables Smiley Wink what would wifey say if she knew of this deception?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I did. I had to sign a pact in blood with the wifes coven, promising to never mention magic tho'. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
editfmah
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was suffering terrible speed problems on Vivid200 and now i'm on Vivid200 gamer, the problems are still there but my bill is bigger.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there malcolmnewbIe,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your network, the cable you are connected too has high traffic during peak hours. I have raised this across to our networks department for further investigation. Once I have more information I will let you know.

If you upgraded to 200 Mbps broadband speeds, the fault will still be impacting your connection as the cable line will be the same.

Hope this helps

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide