Menu
Tommo4
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

200 vivid fibre optic change

Hi little help

I have been member for 3 years was on 160meg connection no issues, then I was upgraded to 200 vivid had issues all time gone through 4 routers 2ac ones 5hz drops out all time constant restarting of router to actually connect.

speed issues non stop and today it went down to 20meg wth unacceptable!! Phoned services again no joy engineer came out on last issue did a speed test with his android phone no doubt and said all way fine at around 2pm but that's before throttle starts. He did say there is capacity issues but again nothing done.

Now been told my so called new tariff that was given and chosen for me by virgin has restrictions of speed due to traffic mgmt which is not what I signed up for.

mon-fri 4pm to 11pm
Sat-sun 11am-11pm

That makes the tarrif useless for gaming on Xbox one. Even hard to watch 4k Netflix/amazon

I signed up for unlimited non traffic mgmt and no throttle on my original package 160meg had no issues at all.

how can virgin just change what I signed and move me to another tarrif (a very bad one which is not fit for purpose) and not explain the t&c' that come with the unrequested move?

Virgin help me sort this out as past 1year 1/2 of upgrade is just a nightmare and Indian help desk is no help at all as they are not technical and just read from a script.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200 vivid fibre optic change

Hello Tommo4

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry that you have been experiencing a few problems with the connection. I notice that you currently have an open complaint so we are unable to become involved via the forum for the moment, we will be in touch by other medium.

Thank you for your patience.

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Tommo4
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Typical
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's due process for any company really. If you have a complaint it will stay direct with you and not be posted around on public forums incase it goes further.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
tommey
Well-informed
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Tommo4

Good luck with you're complaint hope things get resolved quicker for you than me as I am still waiting.......

This is the poor quality of my Superhub 3 connection Smiley Sad
My Broadband Ping - Vivid 200 Gamer

- First reported 09/2014 - Fault ticket raised 01/01/15 -    - Review 01/05/15 - Review 12/08/15 - Review 14/10/15 - Review 04/11/15 - Review 15/04/16 - Review 06/07/16 - Review 31/09/16 - Review 30/11/16 - Review 15/02/17 - Review 12/07/17 - Review 20/09/17 - Review 14/06/17 - Review 10/01/18 - Review 25/04/18 - F004670584 << 3 YEARS+ 

But with BT Fibre I can actually game without lag Smiley Very Happy
My Broadband Ping - BT FIBRE 80/20

0 Kudos
Tommo4
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Lol number 1 I never raised a complaint number 2 I raised issues to be resolved but every time my tickets was closed or an engineer come out surprise surprise b4 traffic mgmt comes into play not that they serve a purpose any who in there right mind uses Speedtest.net on android phone and says it's company policy to do it this way lol.

I give up with you lot anyway u all serve no purpose I'll let regulator deal with it and basically don't care I'm raising an issue via offcom and ombudsman as I am due a major refund as I'm paying for services for years that you guys have not fulfilled as per contractual obligations as per signed contract I have here with me which was no traffic mgmt unlimited. I have recorded screenshots date and times of all speed tests wired and wireless including a screen shot of virgin telling me I'm now under traffic mgmt which I should not be.

You do not wish to post due to every1 knowing how bad your speeds are and that your in breach of people's contracts lol come on look at all the community's posts majority are pointing to 2 issues

1. Routers are not reliable and rubbish
2. Your speed has a lot to be desired.
3. Your breaking contracts but consumers don't now it but I do.

Stop hiding behind policy procedure and process and actuall look at your infrastructure as a whole and just....

FIX IT!!!!!! For everyone including increasing capacity.

I wonder what virgin would do if all users went global and went for a joint court claim due to virgin not contractually holding up there end of the legal agreement both parties signed and even in breach of a contract originally signed.
0 Kudos
Tommo4
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Tommey

I wish you luck bro as they don't care see if the actually reply to last long comment. Lol
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

They won't be able to as per their above post.

You won't be in traffic management, whoever said that is mis-informed. There is no traffic management on the download of packages 30Mbs and above.

Contract is stated as 'up to' speeds as well. Not guarenteed at all time speeds. If you want guarenteed speeds, fork out the excessive money that a leased line costs.

Personally would be well on my way to having CISAS look at your individual case if you are not happy as OFCOM are toothless in this matter.

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's interesting that VM say there is an open complaint so they can't reply here, I opened a complaint due to the problems I had, once the issue was resolved I had a PM here on the forum from the mod team, no calls from the complaints team.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Key part of it was once it was resolved.

0 Kudos