Menu
mikemuirhead
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

200 mps?? NOT!!!

Hi,

Virgin keep telling me that I have been upgraded to  "VIVID" broadband with up to 200 mps, it feels like a lie as I have never achieve such speeds.I've moved the router as advised but no change. I really hate this company

0 Kudos
ash1122
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200 mps?? NOT!!!

Ive had the 200mb speed for quite a while now about a year , running good constant 180-200+ mb all the way , but yesterday I got an email from vm saying I've just been upgraded to the 200mb ... Email came a year late 😂😂😂😂😂😂

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

'upto' not you will get.
0 Kudos
mikemuirhead
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Mr Jamesofmerton, I didn't realise your role was to correct my Grammar!!!!!!??
If you have nothing of value to tell me, please don't respond to any future queries I might post.

0 Kudos
mikemuirhead
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am so happy for you!
And this helps me how exactly?
0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

mikemuirhead wrote:
Sorry Mr Jamesofmerton, I didn't realise your role was to correct my Grammar!!!!!!??
If you have nothing of value to tell me, please don't respond to any future queries I might post.

Presumably he is trying to say that your connection will be "up to 200Mbps" and not "you will get 200Mbps"

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you do realise depending on what device youre using you may not get 200Mbps right?

you cant just expect every device to get 200, we have a laptop in the house than only does 144Mbps over wireless, so it wont get the 300 my package is on (apart from peak times, as now im suffering from utilisation).

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

mikemuirhead wrote:

Hi,

Virgin keep telling me that I have been upgraded to  "VIVID" broadband with up to 200 mps, it feels like a lie as I have never achieve such speeds.I've moved the router as advised but no change. I really hate this company

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless, try wired directly to the hub with a Cat 5e cable or better with a device equiped with a gigabit ethernet network card.

0 Kudos