Menu
bakedznake
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

2 years and counting - Never ending Utilisation fault

Comes down to false advertisement and blatant lying.

2 years they have prolonged this problem, saying it'll be fixed the next month followed by the next month etc etc.

Several times the customer service adviser told me to "just use the internet during off peak hours" instead, yes I'll quit my job to appease the service I paid to use.

As for the past several months the call centres adopted a new tactic of cutting/dropping your call to them while you've been waiting for 20+ minutes. The call centres are permanently busier than normal, no doubt due to all the complaints of a rubbish service virgin media provides.

Fastest internet service in Britain? BS.

I'm surprised more people haven't taken VM to small claims court

smk1900
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 years and counting - Never ending Utilisation fault

Yep.  Area 31.  150mb paid for; never more than 7mb in evenings for months.  Usually no "fault" listed on website, or acknowledged by the web-test when logged in.  Dropped calls (where its even possible to speak to someone, which you can't if there is a fault listed).  Unavailable\dropped webchat(!).   When you do speak to someone a new 'fault' is acknowledged, which will be sorted within days, but when sorted nothing changes.

It is reasonably clear to me now that there must be a VM policy is to make it as hard as possible to make a reasoned decision about this.  I have no BT socket or line in the new build so changing is a hassle.   

Utilisation fault is intellectually dishonest.  Over- utilisation is over- (mis-)selling?  So VM's "fault" rather than technical "fault".

I have asked for transcripts of my most recent (more laughable & misleading) calls (will be delivered by disk apparently).  Will then mail a formal complaint and go from there.  They should pay for me to switch, frankly.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

why would they do anything when people have been having problems for 2 years. So clearly out of contract and still stay with them and pay every month. Not sure who is most wrong. VM for taking money people willing give or people for staying and not leaving after 2 years of problems.

Fools leading fools.
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
DarkBahamut
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:
why would they do anything when people have been having problems for 2 years. So clearly out of contract and still stay with them and pay every month. Not sure who is most wrong. VM for taking money people willing give or people for staying and not leaving after 2 years of problems.

Fools leading fools.

Which assumes they have somewhere better go to of course. What do you propose out of contract users that only get 7Mbps on VM do when the only other option is also <10Mbps ADSL2 with no VDSL2 rollout planned do? That's been my area in the past (years of congestion faults, no VDSL2 available).

I'd love to hear your great master plan for what those 'fools' should be doing? Smiley Happy 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

DSL would be cheaper so getting the same speeds i'd move. Before you say i wouldn't do it i'll point out i'm on DSL.

0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:

DSL would be cheaper so getting the same speeds i'd move. Before you say i wouldn't do it i'll point out i'm on DSL.

a friend of mine users talktalk that is nearly identical to what he gets speed wise.and out of 5 of us he's the only one on xbox that doesn't have lagg the other 4 of us are supposed to getting 100 mb lines.got to laugh havent you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

i'd laugh at anyone that has a xbox Smiley Tongue I'm joking. PC gamer here though
0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

also have a pc for gaming.a couple of mates are stupid with pc when he/she reads this they may reply lol.

0 Kudos
DarkBahamut
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:

That one angle I suppose. An issue for us is that we have no landline, nor do we need or want one. So to move to an xDSL service means landline charges which quickly diminishes any saving to just a few quid at best vs a cheaper VM connection

This also doesn't fix the issue. The reason people like myself complain about getting 7Mbps is because 7Mbps isn't fast enough for what we want or need. Moving to a slow xDSL service won't resolve that issue in any way. Saving a fiver a month isn't going to resolve this issue and so is a fruitless exercise than at least trying to get VM to make some improvements.

0 Kudos