Menu
P14B
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

2.4mbs Virgin-Broadband not 50mbs and Customer Services ROCK BOTTOM

I only joined here to warn others of your rock bottom customer services and 50mbs Broadband that in truth gives out 2.34mbs and turns off every 10mins because your overloaded servers are running at MAX so i get kicked out, but yet you take on more people every day and add them to our overloaded server.

over the last 2 weeks my services are of no use to anyone, i'v spent the last week on the phone trying to sort it out, engineers have been out and just laugh at my speed, about 8hours on the phone to your Customers services waiting and waiting and when i do get through being cut off , yesterday i took a day off work as Johnathon from virgin had arranged to call me at 11.30 and an engineer was booked at 4-7pm , i got no phone call at 11.30 and the engineer adjusted my box but could do nothing,other than tell me to once again get on the phone to Virgin, another 3 times cut off on the phone i managed to get a promise of a Manager to call me back within 2 hours, Once again the call never came, so i had to go though the automated phone system that's stuck in a loop makes you type in your account number and area code sometimes upto 10 times before you end the call to start all over again hoping this time your not in a loop, got through and finally spoke to a manager Tracey , who was nice and did try to help £5 off my bill !!!! and then after a 10min hold put me through to sales where i talked to Sandra who sold me a 100mbs Broadband for MORE MONEY LOL!!!!, you may think i so stupid!! but all i wanted was a working broadband so i said yes hoping 100mbs may give me 10mbs , but its not as its unusable as it wont stay on and i'm losing WIRED connection every 5mins, i did get to test it and it was 15mbs LOL!!! then your overloaded server kicked me out. 

All Virgin have done is make me pay more for less!! a 100mbs service that can not give me 15mbs and when it does it resets every 5mins , so i'm paying for a nothing service, i will report all to the trading standards as well as all my screen shots showing 2-4mbs the engineers report showing 6mbs and all my calls, i can't even send this message at the moment as the yellow triangle has again just told me i have no internet access.

also when i put all this together i will post it all on every website i can just to show the REAL VIRGIN and HOW YOU WORK

Thx Paul

PS sorry if this read funny as it was a reply to a Virgin member but having typed it out and pressed reply, there is nowhere to send it back to so i'm posting it here. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

Helpful Answers
P14B
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2.4mbs Virgin-Broadband not 50mbs & Customer Services ROCK BOTTOM

Just a quick update, my now 100mbs ripoff Virgin cr@p network works for 30sec before i lose connection, avg speed is 14mbs if you wan't to really do any work or downloads i recommend doing it at 2-5am. worst of all at peak times lately and at this moment in time i'm losing connection all the time.

You can't get through to Virgin on the phone lines and if you do they either cut you off or talk cr@p.

0 Kudos

All Replies
tonymcf1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Paul, I feel your pain having just come off the phone to VM myself.

I live in an area where there has been a "high utilisation" issue since Feb 2015; it has a fix date of next week (14 Sept) but i have NO faith whatsoever in them anymore.

I have fought with them almost every month because I object to paying for a service I am not getting; 100meg link that has performed as low as 0.6mb :-(  I said that I wouldn't expect to pay for £50 worth of fuel and drive off having only been given £10 worth but Virgin think it's OK to charge me £47 for a crap service and when I challenge them (and ONLY when I challenge them, they never correspond with you) they think they're doing me  a favour throwing me a £10 "goodwill gesture" Goodwill??? Gang of F'ers!!!!

I was promised a callback yesterday, it never came.  Not once in all the time we've been having the problem (19months) have they contacted us to inform us of the level of the issue; obviously sitting back and hoping that no one notices. Now wonder they are worth £4.2Billion.

P14B
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony 

Thank you for the reply, but in honesty i expect 1000s to be sailing in this mad boat 

Severe High Utitisation is a con, being an engineer it means there selling more that there actual servers can handle, another engineer in this field described it basically to my as being adding sweets to a jar in time the jar gets full (slows down) and in the end the jar overflows (the sever kicks people out) that's how bad mine has become where i'm falling off line every 10 mins. Our fix date is end of OCT, by then 1000s more will be packed onto that server hub network thing that's overload but it will need another FIX by then!!!!!!!!!

I have a few weeks off so i'm trying to get some real answers, but what was annoying > i get on great with my nabours so i asked 1 of them to phone as a new customer asking for a 100mbs broadband to see what they would say and not only where they every so willing to sell/add more people to our overloaded services but they talked it up saying it was all updated and our network was running like a dream, not 1 mention of the people (us) or any of the real true to life problems with Virgin and it overloaded network/servers.

As for there customer services, well i rate them as the worst i'v ever come across.

£4.2billion LOL!! wish i could get 4.2mbs  actual 2.34mbs on a 50mbs service i got charged for which is 5% and i get offered a fiver.

I hope more people share on here about this as its now become a JOKE!!!! an expensive big joke!!!!

Thx Paul 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi P14B, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your speeds and general connection. 

I have take a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F003858642 for slow speeds at peak times. This is currently with the planning team so we don't have a lot of information on this currently. Apologies for this. We should have more news after 14/12/2016. I have popped the details across to the team that deal with these types of issues and they will be in touch as soon as they can be with a little more information. 

I can also see that your modem SNR is a little on the low side. Was this what the person you spoke to was trying to book in an engineer for? As looking at my systems it would seem to be more of an issue within the area itself which will need to be monitored rather than an issue with the hub you currently have.

Do you get the same issues with the hub dropping out during non-peak hours and on a wired connection? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi tonymcf1, 

Thanks you for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having similar trouble with your broadband. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F003493363 for slow speeds at peak times. Which is the fault you mentioned in your post. Unfortunately these types of faults can sometimes be more complex to resolve than first thought apologies for this. I can see work has been ongoing since the time you mentioned and engineering has gone on in the background since that time. Unfortunately more work is required. We should have more news on this after 14/12/2016. 

I am sorry that I do not have better news at this time. How have things been with the connection since you last spoke to us? 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
P14B
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

i was on 50mb now i have ended up paying more for a 100mb BB, which normally gives me about 7mbs-15mbs (only once in 3million tests have i seen 102mbs) now you tell me "We should have more news after 14/12/2016"  so basically your screwing me for more money and nothing will change! and that date is a joke of 3months away, DON'T you people care about your existing users who have been here from the start of VM, 

As for the > "I can also see that your modem SNR is a little on the low side. Was this what the person you spoke to was trying to book in an engineer for" < Engineer came and so called adjusted everything so it was " smack bang on" his words , now you tell that was BS as well !!.

"Do you get the same issues with the hub dropping out during non-peak hours and on a wired connection?"   I only use wired connection on my main PC and some times i'm dropping out 10 times in the space of a hour, Kids use wireless but not an more to game online! as its impossible, and if more than one person is online > say watching Netflix or YT everyone else can go whistle as nothing works.

All in all you charge me for something that's useless and only go for things like this email and such, but yet you seem to think its ok to charge me for my full 100mb-BB, You people think this is all one big joke!!, and even worse you add to our big joke of a network by adding more people to it.

Would you be happy to pay for you Electricity! only then to be given 1 days worth to last a month, but you have to pay for a whole months supply, then when you complain they tell you "we will look into it in 3 months time. 

I await your reply 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi P14B, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the additional information. 

Unfortunately with this type of fault the fix can sometimes be complicated to implement and involve anything from digging up the roads to building new head end buildings to store equipment. This can take a lot of time not only in actual engineering but also in planning. 

The engineer who visited would have in all likelihood left the SNR of the modem in a good state but as stated there seems to be a small issue in the area itself which will need to be monitored, this issue will gradually pull the modem SNR lower than where it should be which is why it is displaying as such now. 

I have popped the details of the issue across to the team that deal with this sort of fault. They will be able to give a little more information in respect to the billing as it is sadly something that I do not deal with here on the forums. Apologies for this. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

0 Kudos
P14B
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

I have no argument with you, but can't you see if this fix is as you say ?? Well then its discussing to be adding more people by selling more BBs as it makes our problem worse, i told of this in the first message about phoning up from a nabours,not only did VM try sell me 100mbs BB but they never even mentioned the ongoing problems.  

But it still boils down to the same replies as always 

Which is sorry!! no news!! i'll forward it on to someone else!! and goodbye!! PS please pay as normal.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi P14B, 

Thanks for posting again, I am sorry to see that there hasn't been a lot of information we can give in regards to the slow speed issue F003993187, 

Sadly this is because we don't get a lot of information through on the tickets. I did pop this across to another team the other day and I can see they have spoken to you since then. Did the other team mange to help any further? 

Keep me posted. 

Emma

0 Kudos
P14B
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just a quick update, my now 100mbs ripoff Virgin cr@p network works for 30sec before i lose connection, avg speed is 14mbs if you wan't to really do any work or downloads i recommend doing it at 2-5am. worst of all at peak times lately and at this moment in time i'm losing connection all the time.

You can't get through to Virgin on the phone lines and if you do they either cut you off or talk cr@p.

0 Kudos