Menu
Scoot5226
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2.46 down, 2.87 up on 100Mb connection

Hi,

Not sure if there are any issue sin my area which I think is 25 but I am getting an awful up/down speed that doesnt appear to be inline with what plan I am on which is the XL package 100Mb.

I have gone through the usual stuff that has been suggested and I realise its peak time of day in half term holidays so I have 4 or 5 devices currently connected.  What can i do to improve my speeds, is there something I am missing that I havent done?

Thanks,

Scott.

0 Kudos
BrianY
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.46 down, 2.87 up on 100Mb connection

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?
Certainly a wired speed test should be done first to highlight any probs.
But as you say, school is out and most kids will be thrashing the net and using the limited bandwidth thus slowing down the available network resources!
0 Kudos
Scoot5226
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi Brian

test was wireless but stood right next to the router.   I'll retest with a wired connection.

Scott.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've checked your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low, which is good.

Did you manage to try a speed test through a wired connection? If so were the speeds different at all?

Another speed test you can try is whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode as this will eliminate other devices connected.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos