Menu
InsomniacL10
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

1mb of 150mb - last 2 years - 2 formal complaints unacknowledged - 14 different fix dates - Aintree

Title says it all. 
Area: Aintree, Liverpool.
First logged the fault January 2015, since that time I've been given 14 different fix dates. 
I've made two formal complaints and no one has ever contacted me. 
Just been told the fix date is now February!! 
We used to get a constant 150mb before VM doubled everyone's speed in the area. 

Why are VM still selling broadband packages in our area if it's been over utilised for the last 2 years? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1mb of 150mb - last 2 years - 2 formal complaints unacknowledged - 14 different fix dates - Aintree

February is not a fix date it's a review date. We'll get that out the way to start with.

Phone staff scripts call them fix dates but they just are not.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1mb of 150mb - last 2 years - 2 formal complaints unacknowledged - 14 different fix dates - Aintree

InsomniacL10 wrote:

Title says it all. 
Area: Aintree, Liverpool.
First logged the fault January 2015, since that time I've been given 14 different fix dates. 
I've made two formal complaints and no one has ever contacted me. 
Just been told the fix date is now February!! 
We used to get a constant 150mb before VM doubled everyone's speed in the area. 

Why are VM still selling broadband packages in our area if it's been over utilised for the last 2 years? 

If you made 2 formal complaints then something is wrong, have you followed their complaints procedure? because after 8 weeks you can forward the complaint to CISAS. I have made a simple guide how to get the best out of a complaint with an ISP.

If you follow the complaints procedure they have to follow it up within 8 weeks, if its an oversubscribed/utilisation issue then CISAS will not be able to make it happen quicker, but you can, by following the guide, claim a bigger monthly compensation claim from VM,.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
TheChairman
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not surprised.

Long time ago I ended up going to all the way to ceo office but go no response plus various promises to ring back in between with no call back.

Until there's somebody else who can offer the same type of service widely in the UK they know you can't jump ship.

If they actually cared about customers they would automatically, when there's a known fault reduce the bill which would provide them a reason to get the fault fixed more quickly. A loss of income. The bean counters would hate that.

They wouldn't take new customers on which too be honest is miss selling when they know full well they can't provide the service. Again lost income.

Finally if there was competition they would be losing customers and in some cases very rapidly.

As it is ofcom should be taking them to the cleaners but as a watchdog it's got about as much teeth as 20 year old dead dog who's teeth fell out when it was a puppy.

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TheChairman wrote:

Not surprised.

Long time ago I ended up going to all the way to ceo office but go no response plus various promises to ring back in between with no call back.

Until there's somebody else who can offer the same type of service widely in the UK they know you can't jump ship.

If they actually cared about customers they would automatically, when there's a known fault reduce the bill which would provide them a reason to get the fault fixed more quickly. A loss of income. The bean counters would hate that.

They wouldn't take new customers on which too be honest is miss selling when they know full well they can't provide the service. Again lost income.

Finally if there was competition they would be losing customers and in some cases very rapidly.

As it is ofcom should be taking them to the cleaners but as a watchdog it's got about as much teeth as 20 year old dead dog who's teeth fell out when it was a puppy.

OFCOM, do not deal with the complaints from VM, it's CISAS, the underdog that OFCOM set up.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Manestream
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yeah try standing were i am. Preston Area.
past 3yrs i have only had my speed apply from between midnight and 2am till 10am-midday then it goes to cr@p again, ranging from 2mb to 30mb out of 150mb service.

Right now its 11:05pm and i am still only getting 17mb, i have 3 games i got (2 of which are 40gb file downloads) i havent even bothered i gave up after 4hrs and making 200mb download and seeing estimated time just under 4 weeks.

They have the Gaul to increase the bloody price and say becuase we are giving you the best service, how can that be when they are NOT and all you get told is your on utilization. Its freekin annoying and i am fast approaching whether to start looking for a new ISP provider, there comes a point were one just gets peeved off and that is fast approaching right now.
0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you are within 'Area 01' you can probably expect it to be fixed within the next month or so. They are rolling out utilisation fixes across the area, certain parts of Liverpool, St Helens and Wigan are already seeing improvements. My own utilisation fault has just been fixed after 23 months (St Helens).
0 Kudos
InsomniacL10
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

17mb sounds like a dream.
I've just realised i'm on 200mb not 150.

For most of the day I'm getting under 2mb. 
The biggest problem is packet loss and ping. games are completely out of the question. 

0 Kudos