Menu
shiftymorgan
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

1mb instead of 200mb

Hi All,

I have had 1mb at best since 11pm last night.

Is there something going on in the area 20?

service alerts are not showing any issues yet I have been to my neighbours and they are having issues as well.

Can anything be done?

Thank you

0 Kudos
wotalot
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1mb instead of 200mb

Same problem here I'm on 150 mb package been getting around 1-2 mb since last night about 10ish. In Edinburgh area 11. Phoned this morning about 10:00 and went through the  usual reboot your router your pc unplug replug ethernet cable etc etc . Didnt work so they reported to Networks and also booked an engineer visit for Monday. Got an txt reply from Virgin at about 12:00 this morning cancelling engineer visit , saying Network problems will advise when resolved - no update so far and still running at 1.5 mb.

Bob

0 Kudos
Ctrlaltdenied
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, don't count on it.

My network problems in area 14 have been going on since November of last year, and they still aren't fixed. You will just keep getting pushed back dates.

0 Kudos
riotbug
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I'm in EH6 and getting absolutely nothing since Thursday, even though it says no problems. Think it's been since they were working on the upgrade out in the street?
0 Kudos
GrumbleDook
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It is getting ridiculous again.

I'm on 200 but lucky to get 20 after 3pm during the week and rarely above 10 once you get to 8pm.

Right now, I am getting between 2-8 down and 0.5-2 up, with pings ranging from 250ms to 780ms.

The usual reboots of routers, internal kit not making any difference this time.

Unfortunately the super hub is in my daughter's bedroom and I don't want to wake her, so can't make the support call now (that asks for the usual "turn it off and wait x minutes, connect a device directly to it, no we are not making any config changes, oh ... it magically works better") ... so we'll have to see how poor it is in the morning. 

0 Kudos
anthonylennon
Joining in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same issue here too. EH12 area of Edinburgh (Area 11).

I had an engineer booked for Monday too but it was cancelled by Virgin, now rescheduled for Tuesday. It's frustrating having to get an engineer out when it's clearly an area fault.

0 Kudos
sativa1874
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Exact same problem for me since Thursday night, area 11 edinburgh. Had to speak to India for 45 minutes while he remote accessed my pc to run speed test.virgin cancelled my engineer etc
0 Kudos
cabledan
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

area 22 also on 200mb service current speedtest shows 3.5mb

if i am lucky i may get 54mb when everyone in the street is asleep 

service sucks i have had issues since 2014

0 Kudos
ContentsMayVary
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Same here, in EH12. Definitely an area fault. Slow downloads (20mb instead of 150mb) and high latency and dropouts. Makes online gaming impossible, and can't even watch Netflix at peak time.
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

If VM is 100% at fault, utilization (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

( Guide taken from Bartman007 so credit goes to him )