Menu
TyrantJB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1MB on a 100MB Package

Guys,

Still no change, despite promises of reviews and such. I don't know what needs reviewing, either the service risk adequate or it's not. It's absolutely diabolical and I'm struggling to even post this message because my Internet connection is nearly non-existent.

Is someone from the service team able to tell me straight whether it's worth me switching providers, or whether Virgin will actually sort their service out in my area? At the moment, it's just a waste of time and money for me.

Seriously, VM is garbage. I never had this trouble with Blue Yonder.
0 Kudos
alalx
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1MB on a 100MB Package

I've got the same, just received the message "The current fault F003320128 has a new review date of 28/12/16" after waiting for months (The old review date was 12th of October).

I honestly don't think they will ever fix it, they can't commit to a date, it is likely that they heavily under resourced on the engineer front or just enjoy lying to their customers and providing a poor sub-standard service.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003320128 - Ongoing faulty unreliable service from Virgin Media since July 2015
0 Kudos
TyrantJB
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1MB on 100MB Connection

My last post was ignored, so here goes.

Are you ever going to sort out my area, or should I switch provider?

Stop messing me about now please. I don't care about "review dates" or any other network-related euphemisms, just tell me straight so I know whether to switch provider or to hang on.

I'm seriously sick to death of wasting my free time lagging in games or watching Netflix buffer just to play content in standard definition.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1MB on 100MB Connection

Merged your threads. It takes the forum team between 1-2 weeks to reply to a thread currently, no reason to make another.

No VM employee will tell you to leave their services, it's what pays them.

However with over utilization, if you have decent other options then take them, review dates come and go. You can also use the upcoming price increase as a way to leave penalty free (by quoting the price increase as the reason for leaving) if you are not already out of contract.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

TyrantJB
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info regarding contract obligations.

I understand that VM reps wouldn't advise me to leave, but I was after some honesty as to when the network in my area can expect to have added capacity.

BT are upgrading my exchange next month, so I'll look at their packages for the moment.

In all seriousness, why does it take VM so long to accomplish any kind of upgrades, and why do they keep taking orders despite over-utilisation I seemingly every area?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey TyrantJB,

Thanks for posting and apologies that your other post wasn't replied too.

I wish I could give you the answers you require, but I truthfully don't know when the fault will be resolved.

We get info when the engineers update the fault ticket, and we tell you right away, apart from that we don't know anything else.

Please accept my apologies and let me know if I can help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos