Menu
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

15Mb on a 200Mb connection!

Just moved from a 153 Mb service to a 200mb Service (???) had to swap from super hub to SH3.

The original SH worked fine getting 1round 18 Megabytes per second from steam, Im now getting around 2, can I put my SH back in and go back to the 153 Mb I had originally or I just bin Virgin and go to BT?

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 15Mb on a 200Mb connection!

simply ...  No!

You can ring the Broadband line and they can re-register your H2 if you convince them but your H3 is the registered router at the moment!

Should you go to BT - I'll leave you to 'browse these forums!'''' ...ZVNK ...

0 Kudos
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Jst resigned, so Im guessing I have time to change my mind, if not sorted by Friday evening Im leaving, already gone to sky for TV etc cos the TiVo is a joke

0 Kudos
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On the phone to disconnections now, found out there is a problem but it will be sorted by January 2017!

Until then I will have to put up with 8-11 Mb services... Easy answer No

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi g7rpo,

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community.

I've managed to locate your account and can see a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003603775 and with a review date of 11th January.

I know this is frustrating to say the least and I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have been given a credit which is fine but still getting around 5% of what is being offered, the "up to" shouldn't be something you can hide behind and if that is the case I should be able to offer you "up to" the price you want for a service which is bears absolutely no resemblance of the service I am supposed to be on.

If you have a problem then this should be taken into account, the rolling credit is around 30% of the bill, in fairness it should be 90% of the bill based on the proportion of what I am receiving.

I moved my TV to sky due to an price increase even though the TiVo box I had was unbelievably slow to the point of being unusable and at this moment in time Im seeing no reason to move back

Sky Q is quick, responsive and far far cheaper than I was paying for the XL package I had through VM

0 Kudos
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Should I got to BT???

I have a basic fibre circuit which was installed by my employers who are a telecoms company, I get around 2-3 times what I get from my 200Mb VM circuit so based on my experiences so far, without a doubt I should have gone to BT.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@g7pro

bear in mind that the January date is a REVIEW DATE only not a fix date. Phone staff scripts tell them its a fix date but it is not one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So I could be paying massively over the odds for longer???

Think a call to Customer services for an explanation and further cuts to my bill could well be in order

Wow really annoyed now

0 Kudos