Menu
Plasticsmog
Tuning in
Message 1 of 48
Flag for a moderator

152mb slow speeds Area 30

Good morning,

I carried out a few speed test wired with cat5e to my sh2ac on the 10/03/15. By the looks of this im getting approx half the speed of the 152mb speed I should be getting.

3 tests were carried out from about 21:30 - 10:30. Over the three test I averaged the following - Download 71.6 & Upload 12.1.

As im a new user I am unable to post images of my sh stats.

Could a mod please help with this.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: 152mb slow speeds Area 30

Hi,

You can post your power levels: http://192.168.0.1 click on router status and then click on downstream copy and paste the info here (when pasting please use the clipboard with the C in the toolbar) and the same for the upstream content and network log and we will be able to help further

The clipboard with a c looks like this: paste.png

The artist formally known as Swt4ajp
0 Kudos
Plasticsmog
Tuning in
Message 3 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Downstream 1.0.jpgUpstream 1.0.jpg

Sorry dont have the network log handy as im at work, will post this later.

0 Kudos
Plasticsmog
Tuning in
Message 4 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Please also see below latency / packet loss graphgraph.jpg

0 Kudos
Plasticsmog
Tuning in
Message 5 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Should I be seeing such spikes in the max latency?

The only device connect is the laptop generating the graphs

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 48
Flag for a moderator

The graph, mine is like that but I rarely see any lag or issues with it.

Your power levels are all ok which im thinking it could be the start of a utilisation issue that may be occuring.

This would need to be verified by a member of staff which you can either go down 2 routes, wait here for a member of staff to reply which can take a couple of days or you can ring 150 free from a vm landline and go to option 2,3,2

is it mainly at night that you are seeing the slow speeds?

0 Kudos
Plasticsmog
Tuning in
Message 7 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Swt4ajp,

Speed seems to be around 70-80 at various times of the day, however this was using my iphone so I think I will need to carry out futher testing using ethernet cable which I will carry out over the next day.

Glad the graph is getting similar results, I had no bench mark to go by as had never used this before.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 48
Flag for a moderator

if you think yours is bad lol I just set mine back up earlier to see what mine is like after a few months of not using it

Yea if you can try from a wired pc/laptop and not on wireless that would be great as it will give a more accurate reading into what you are able to acheive.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Plasticsmog,

Welcome to our Forum Smiley Happy

Apologies that you're not currently getting the speeds you've subscribed to but I'll do my best to help with this.

I've tested your connection from here and can find no fault: no errors on the upstream network segment, no issue with the Hub (with regards to power levels, timeouts etc) and there are not too many people using the Internet at peak times either, which may otherwise have resulted in reduced speeds.

The BQM graphs you've posted are looking good to me. Those spikes in max latency are not out of the ordinary, honestly.

If you've not experienced faster speeds at all since joining us then I'd like to know if your current hardware is speed compatible?

Network Interface cards (for wired connections) should be gigabit, as opposed to 100mb, with either a Cat5e or Cat6 Ethernet cable to the Super Hub.

Wireless cards should be dual stream 'N' or 'AC' standard.

Please tell me a little more about your set up so I can understand what is happening to cause speed reduction.

Thannks Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Plasticsmog
Tuning in
Message 10 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Jen,

I have been using cat7 cable wired directly to my Supehub. I carried out a reset on the router and after this reset I was close to getting the 152mb speed.

However I will carry out further tests over the coming days to see how the speed are looking.

One thing I have noticed that I seem to be getting alot on Pre & Post RS errors, Any ideas why this is?Downstream 2.0.jpg

0 Kudos