Menu
gazzfoth
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

150mb only getting 10-25mb. Fed up

This has now been happening for at least 2 weeks. Latest was on Friday night. Couldnt play on xbox live, couldnt watch netflix. Checked speed and I was getting 10mb and thats through ethernet. Rang virgin and some guy said its because its busy in your area so it will slow down. What a joke, 80+% down because other people are using the internet?

I then rang them again and the agent told me someone was working on maintenance which was fair enough. Saturday was a normal 150mb day then just now i've checked slow speed and i'm getting 25mb. Is there a reason for this on and off all the time?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 150mb only getting 10-25mb. Fed up

Hi gazzfoth

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I am sorry to read that you're experiencing slow broadband speeds.

When I checked your connection, there is high traffic during peak hours which will see a difference in your speeds. However it's currently not high enough for me to raise to networks, I will keep an eye on this for you.

I appreciate your tests are completed through a wired connection. Have you tried a speed test whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode to see if the speeds differ as this will eliminate all your other devices connected?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gazzfoth
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yet again tonight getting terrible speeds. This is happening every weekend. Screenshot_2016-03-12-22-36-35.png

0 Kudos
gillhoose1968
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Im getting the same slow unusable speeds. My average speed is between 15 and 25mb but I'm paying for 150mb. It sounds as if virgin are telling is that you only get those sort of speeds at 4 am when no one else in the world is using the Internet. False advertising. If they say its 150 you should be getting 150. I'm fed up with virgin its problem after problem. Not a happy customer. I've had about 4 super hubs and 4 engineer visits still slow and cuts out continually. The service is shocking.
gazzfoth
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Another Slow internet moan

I'm on 150mb (Area 20) and i havent got over 25mb for over 16 months. This started last May, when Virgin said the issue would be sorted at Christmas... at Christmas they said it will be fixed in May 2017. Its now June and my speeds are worse than ever. They offered some money back when I ring up and complain, most of the time I never see that but this month I am lucky, they gave me £3 back. wooo! Has any moderator got any idea when this issue will finally be sorted? I know of at least 10 other people round my area who are furious as i am

speed.JPG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another Slow internet moan

Hi there gazzforth,

Hope you are well. Thanks for posting back on the community.

From checking your connection, I can see a high peak time traffic fault in your area which our engineers are working on to improve bandwidth. The reference number is F004366467 and has a review date of 1st November. As this is a review date it can be subject to change.

I understand how frustrating this must be due to the length of time and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos