Menu
RichieUK
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

150Mbps + Superhub 2ac = 50Mbp Max

Slow download speed, upload ok.

Keeps on dropping down to 1 to 2 Mbps then back upto around 50Mbps, my connection is 150Mbps but only ever got to around 75Mbps once every month or so, this superhub 2ac hub is dreadfull, not fit for purpose and down right dirty from Virgin Media for charging for 150Mbps when they know I just can't get that with this crappy superhub.

Give your 100+ users a 3 that will give them the bandwidth that they are paying for.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 150Mbps + Superhub 2ac = 50Mbp Max

The 2AC is a  better HUB than the 3 IMHO (at this point) . And it will cheerfully do 150. So there's something else afoot.

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

0 Kudos
RichieUK
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Done that all before, get told nothing is wrong.

I only get at best 45Mbps on average.

SuperHub 2ac has only 8 channels.

SuperHub + Equ 8db + Att 3db + Coaxial cable (impedance uknown) 75or50 = 50Mbps at best when it should be 150Mbps,

When I was on 100Mbps was great, soon I was upgraded to 150Mbp it went down to 50Mbps, so Virgin Media downgraded me and make me pay more???

0 Kudos
rob321
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same thing happened to me. I was told I was upgraded to 150 and my speeds dropped to 25mbps to 50mbps at most. I posted a complaint on here and they've finally gone back to 100mbps on off peak hours (that's still not 150mbps). I think they just oversell the service and throttle people hoping they won't notice.
RichieUK
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The only reason I have put up with it so long is the upload speed is fine and gives me 10Mbps that is more re I will get with anyone else, what they need to do is 100Mbps and upload of 20Mbps, double that for the top price and half for the lowest price. Seems these ISPs are blinded with download download, well just crippling the hole thing, throttle that part back down and increase upload for better cloud access.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So as you are not going to go through troubleshooting, and seem to have ignored what you were told in your previous thread...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/200mbps-but-max-speed-75mbps/td-p/3140034/page/2

Were pretty much at the point where you have two options.

• A better router and HUB in modem mode
  • Leave

As a HUB 3 will NOT solve anything judging by your previous posts.

0 Kudos
RichieUK
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

upstream

downstream

<Network log link shows your WAN IP>

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there RichieUK,

Thanks for the information provided and I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your connection.

I've located your account and I am unable to detect any faults with either the equipment or network segment.

As mentioned by Kippies, there doesn't seem to be a lot more that we can suggest in regards to this one.

Please try and refrain from making duplicate posts also, as this could potentially cause delay in us getting back to you.

If you'd like to discuss your connection further, feel free to get back to me on here, or you can call our team on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
RichieUK
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have managed to get it back up to 123+-Mbps now, looked at the power levels and removed the 3 dB attenuator and 8 dB equaliser and that seemed to got me from 31Mbps to 123Mbps upload still fine at around 10Mbps.

0 Kudos