Menu
tomsalinsky
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

10Mbs and Apple TV content looks awful

Hi there

After upgrading to Vivid 150 I briefly enjoyed speeds around 100Mbs but lately I haven't been getting much better than 10Mbs and content on my Apple TV (wired connection to the router) has started looking awful, with lots of pixelation. Are there issues in my area (15) which will be resolved soon?

Cheers

Tom

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 10Mbs and Apple TV content looks awful

10 Mbps is more than enough for HD viewing, are there more than one device connected or accessing wifi at the same time

It sounds like a contention issue that will be months in resolving in the long term
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey tomsalinsky,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the speed issues you're experiencing at the moment, I know it's irritating.

I've just checked your connection and I can see fault: F004278204 is on-going and will be reviewed on the 14th Dec. While this is fault is present, you may notice slow speeds during peak time hours (evenings and weekends).

What are your off peak speeds like?

Apologies for this,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tomsalinsky
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Off-peak speeds are better. But it's beyond irritating to be told that there is a fault and that you know all about it and you propose to do nothing about it for more than a month.

In the meantime, what discount can I expect for the service not performing adequately just when I am most likely to want to use it?

Cheers

Tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to the high peak time traffic fault, I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will give you more information in relation to your credit options.

I know this is frustrating to say the least and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos