Menu
Ncik1000
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

100mbps running at 1 mbps in Middlesbrough.

Speed was good at 90-100 mbps until 3rd November.  4th November onwards during any busy period speed drops to less than 5 mbps and can be as low as 0.5 mpbs.  Help desk said they had capacity issues and gave an estimated fix as March 2017 which is ridiculous

Checked in local shop.  They have no reported capacity issues and continue to sell Virgin hi speed packages for addresses in my street.

Virgin are advertising 150 mbps upgrades in my area for November and they're currently delivering 5 mbps or less.

Anyone else suffering similar problems?

0 Kudos
justhandguns
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100mbps running at 1 mbps in Middlesbrough.

I am having similar problem in Area 03, Sutton. I have the 70M package, but the speed is mediocre since Friday. Speedtest shows that I have only around 1.5Mbps download/ 6Mbps upload speed. I posted another thread but it looks like admin still hasn't replied to me yet. I also failed to contact via online chat since it is too busy. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear about the poor speeds experienced Ncik1000,

I've had a look at your account and I am unable to detect any issues either via the equipment levels or network segment at present.

Please let me know if you're continuing to experience problems with your connection.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi justhandguns,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing something similar with your connection.

I've also located your account and I can see that an engineer appointment has been arranged to resolve the issue experienced.

Let me know if there is anything more that I can do to help.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos