Menu
MrIH1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

100mb under 5mb every night

Hi. I have complained to customer services numerous times over the last couple of months but getting nowhere and feel now is the time to leave virgin.

I have recorded my speeds twice a week for the last few months and it is ridiculous how low they go, from 6am up to 5pm no problems 85-90mb but after that they drop rapidly from 5pm it drops by about 20mb per hour and by 8-9pm i am down to anything between 2-4mb which makes browsing nigh on impossible never mind streaming a film or catching up on boxsets.

I'm not getting the service i signed up to or pay for, so it's a call to cancellations tomorrow to say bye bye

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100mb under 5mb every night

Hey there MrlH1,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to read about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I appreciate this is frustrating.

Looking at your connection I don't see anything obviously out of place. Are you using a wireless or a hard-wired connection? Has anything improved since your last post?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MrIH1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100mb under 5mb every night

Hi Heather

Both wired and wireless.  Seems to be ok at the minute but it usually is for a few weeks after i've complained and then it goes back to slow speeds, tried everything but still the same.

Thanks

0 Kudos