Menu
Topic63
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

100Mbs when I'm only getting 25Mbs??

I've been monitoring my broadband speed since January and normally in the early days I was getting over 100Mbs up to 103Mbs, however over the months I've seen this drop to a current lowly 25Mbs - Why? Ive been onto the techs/customer support but you get the normal dictation off the pre-printed trouble shooter document. All I want is the speed I am paying for which is 100Mbs, don't mind if this drops now and again, I can live with that but I am NOT living with less than 50 and certainly not below 30Mbs, is that too much to ask?

could someone PLEASE look into my broadband issue and just fix it, reduce my bill to match the speed I'm actually getting

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100Mbs when I'm only getting 25Mbs??

Hi Topic63,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community. It's nice to have you here.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection the upstream power levels are too high at + 53 dBmV and for this I would like to book an engineer appointment to have a look at this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

In the meantime, do you notice these speeds at all times of the day or just at certain times?

Were the speed tests you completed through a wired or wireless connection?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Topic63
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100Mbs when I'm only getting 25Mbs??

I check mostly in the evenings but speed issues can be as bad at any time. I did telephone a couple of days ago and someone made some changes while I waited, it did improve but short lived.

accounts have now agreed to reduce my bill for the time being, ultimately I just want a constant broadband I can rely on!

0 Kudos