Menu
RealChris
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

~1000MS PING, 0.4-2.6Mbps on VIVID 200?! W6

I've been noticing some issues for a while now, chap on the phone told me some "load balancing" work had been done on the 1st January (yesterday) which has completely demolished my internet connectivity. 

This is unacceptable. My service was mostly without issue since Dec, but the high ping prevents VOIP (Skype), and the download speed isn't even 2% of what I pay for, let alone 40% or above. Attachments refuse to download with a connection of this quality. Seriously considering acting on my grace period which expires in two days.

Advice is appreciated from anybody, I've already booked an engineer. Chap on the phone told me there was a noise SMR fault which had been closed recently in addition to the "load balancing". Can I go back to my old CMTS or whatever server was handling my traffic, please?

Screenshots showing the abomination are below. I never realised ping caused such huge bandwidth issues - packet loss is sporadic. The ping is so bad that sometimes tests and downloads refuse to start, most notably UDP downloads.

unusable.pngI pay 40 a month for worse than satellite broadband apparently.pngsrsirl.png

down 2.pngdown 1.pngup.png

0 Kudos
Matt8655
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: ~1000MS PING, 0.4-2.6Mbps on VIVID 200?! W6

Sounds like your having the same issue as me, hope you get yours sorted

"USUALLY HAS NO CLUE WHAT HES ON ABOUT BUT IS SO HAPPY TO BE HERE Smiley Happy"
RealChris
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please raise a fault with the networking team. I am so sure it is not a problem on my side, it was fine with the same setup before.

Some traceroutes given below, one when streaming on iPlayer and other when no use whatsoever. Everything tested on Ethernet.

absolutely unusable.pngunusable.png

0 Kudos
RealChris
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TBB graph: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/fc0deba05188140b920f589e18dc0b17.html

I'm supplying all this information so that I can be moved to another CMTS, there was no congestion before...

My Broadband Ping - Hub 3

0 Kudos
RealChris
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Monday 13:20:

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 13.20.43.png

0 Kudos