Menu
edurusut
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

1 Mbps every night since November

Hi all,

My fibre speed is horrible. I am getting around 1 Mbps for a 50Mbps contract during peak hours due to over utilisation in area 15 (London) since I joined Virgin again last November. Virgin knows there is a problem in my area and keeps giving me new "review dates". The new one is in May. I just checked my address on virginmedia website and it says "Good news you can get up to 200 Mbps in your address". This cannot be legal! They sold me a service that they knew they would not be able to provide! There are thousands of posts here with the same story. Is there a solution? I am getting 2% of the service I am paying for. I am already asking all my friends to avoid Virgin and got in touch with Watchdog but is there anything else I can do (before taking legal action)?

Thanks
0 Kudos
eric777m
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1 Mbps every night since November

Hi,

Welcome to VM's new club see URMSTON Area 20 been going on for over 2 YEARS and just get moved on with the fix dates.

Share Image

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1 Mbps every night since November

Hi edurusut,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I know this can be an inconvenience.

Checking your area I can see fault: F003948570 is present and is being reviewed on the 10th May, we will have more info about the progress of the fault when it's been reviewed.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this, let me know if you've got any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos