Menu
danmuskett
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

1.8mbs when paying for 50mbs - Only been a customer 1 week!

Im in area 31 (Hemel Hempstead HP3) and my speed tests are regularly running at around 1.8mbs which means my broadband is virtually useless for myself and my partner.

I rang 150 and after about half an hour of equipment testing etc the lady just said 'oh, there is maintenance in your area until at least March'. I imagine this is a standard response if they are unable to help any further but I couldn't afford to stay on the phone to thrash it out any longer.

Im thinking of cancelling the contract as I am within my rights to do so at this early stage unless I can get some assistance on here that will fix the issue.

Heres hoping.

dm

0 Kudos
SparkyKarl
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1.8mbs when paying for 50mbs - Only been a customer 1 week!

I also have this same problem, 150MB but I'm barley touching 5MB download and it's been like this now for 6 weeks and Virgin still have not fixed there issues. They don't have an actual date for a fix so will keep pushing the date back. I've seen this all over the board on this Community Forum. So I took my own steps and reported these issues to Ofcom as Virgin are incompetent. They never fail to take money out your account, funnily enough.

0 Kudos
hortonj88
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1.8mbs when paying for 50mbs - Only been a customer 1 week!

It's over subscription.

Too many people on the local network and not enough capacity/bandwidth to accomodate all those customers.

These kind of faults take years to get fixed.

Get out while you can.

I recently did and it's the best thing I ever did.

Also: Stand your ground with them, they will try to bribe you with discounts or try to send engineers out.  

I had such a hassle getting the message through to the guy in retentions, You can read about it here : http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Area-04-Oversubscribed/m-p/3306365#M144161

Left VM 9th Jan 2017 due to high utilisation. Enjoying reliable services with Sky Smiley Happy