Menu
ianise
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

1.45mbps speedtest on XL broadband

Morning all,

I have been having pretty terrible speeds, unable to stream youtube videos at times, and I ran a few tests, all of which were coming out at around 1.5mbps, I am supposed to get a lot more obviously.

I have done the usual, resetting the router etc, which made little to no difference. I have been reading a lot of posts on here about power issues could this be my problem?

down.jpgup.jpgmdd.jpg

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1.45mbps speedtest on XL broadband

Hi ianise,

Your Downstream figures show that you have a poor signal to noise ratio (RxMER) which is probably affecting the connection.  They should be at least  34.5db and preferably more.  You can either wait for a Forum Team member to respond to your post, which could take a while, or phone the call centre ... 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1.45mbps speedtest on XL broadband

Hi there ianise,

Thanks for posting on the community. It's nice to have you here.

Sorry to learn that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

As Dave_cq mentioned the Modem SNR (signal to noise ratio) for downstream is running low and for this I can arrange for an engineer appointment to check this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004670584 and with a review date of 15th February 2017.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos