Menu
Barnie
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1.38mbps download in area 26. Something needs to be done

Currently paying for broadband of up to 200mbps and receiving service of 1.38mbps in area 26. Only been subscribed for 6 months with multiple outages each month for days/weeks at a time. Customer and technical service just advise there is noise on line but no idea where technical fault is. I feel like I am using the old telephone dial up service. What can be done to help here virgin ?
0 Kudos
HEDST8
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1.38mbps download in area 26. Something needs to be done

Yeh i also have the same issue,got 200mbps and not even getting 10.I have also had a nice letter saying my bill is going up.Ive rang up and they said there was a fault on my line and should be fixed within 24hrs.However its not.If i do the self test online it says they are trying to fix it so dunno what to do now really.

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Leave and then send a note to Ofcom to show their service is as bad as it is as Ofcom seem to think its one of the better ones. 

0 Kudos
GaryCK
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever get this sorted?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barnie,

Apologies that we didn't get back to you previously I am unsure as to how we missed you. 

How have things been looking for you recently? If you are still having trouble let me know and i will be more than happy to take a look into this for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi GaryCK, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I hope things are looking ok for you currently. 

I can see that you have been speaking to my colleague Nat recently, I believe she has popped a PM across to you. if you are unsure of how to find the PM take a look at the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner and any private messages will be in there Smiley Happy

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos