QuickStart, set up and connections
Installing and configuring your kit
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

VM connect app and 5x router

Had anyone managed to connect the Virgin Media connect app to the new 5x router? Been a Virgin customer less than a week and already fed up of customer service.  Tried all the troubleshooting they've suggested, they've also apparently sent some kind ...

Delivery - not arrived

Hi, I've recently joined a broadband plan as a new customer and ordered a new self-installation kit. The kit was not delivered on my chosen delivery date and I haven't received any contact from Yodel or Virgin regarding the delivery status of the ord...

Resolved! Unknown VM Box on my House

I've come home to find a 2nd VM box fitted to the wall on the front my house, i wasn't contacted by VM or asked if this could be fitted. I called support and they know nothing about it and told me that an Engineer will be coming out to assess it in 4...

My VM Box in Blue.jpg Black Cable with thin green stripe.jpg Ground Cable Cover.jpg

Resolved! Wall socket compatible?

My QuickStart for Hub 3 arrived. There is a virgin media wall socket in the house but there is already a cable that is wired (looks screwed in) to the socket. There is no additional slot.if I follow the cable that’s wired in already, it ends with a c...

image.jpg image.jpg