Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (122 Views)

web page opening up even when not online

[ Edited ]

can somebody please help , i keep getting this web page pop up (apparently from Virgin ) i haven't clicked on the link so don't know if true or scam ... i have scanned for malware,spyware and viruses and all clear... i don't have to have any search engine open and it just opens up ...  my daughter was on word doing her homework and it just opened up ... i was with her helping her so i know she wasn't online ... hope somebody can help as it's getting annoying now !!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5 (111 Views)

Re: web page opening up even when not online

[ Edited ]

loopylou64 wrote:

can somebody please help , i keep getting this web page pop up (apparently from Virgin ) i haven't clicked on the link so don't know if true or scam ... i have scanned for malware,spyware and viruses and all clear... i don't have to have any search engine open and it just opens up ...  my daughter was on word doing her homework and it just opened up ... i was with her helping her so i know she wasn't online ... hope somebody can help as it's getting annoying now !! [link removed]

Install malwarebytes and run a malware scan as that domain doesn't have anything to do with virgin and if its being opened even while offline then its not something good

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5 (108 Views)

i have done all scans even used different ones eg avg,avast even norton but nothing found ...i even uninstalled google chrome then reinstalled but the same thing just happens ...i don't want to format if i can help it but looks like i'm going to have to if i can't find whats causing it Cat Mad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 5 (78 Views)

Google Chrome does restore any downloaded extensions after it's been reinstalled so it may be worth checking chrome://extensions to see if you have anything unsavoury in there.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 5 of 5 (17 Views)

loopylou64 wrote:

... i was with her helping her so i know she wasn't online.

FYI, with a broadband connection you are always online unless you disable all network connections manually.
JohnD
Strangely strange but oddly normal.
0 Kudos