Menu
neo_b
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virginmedia opinion survey phishing scam

Hi

I would like to report a phishing scam designed to look like a virginmedia opinion survey. the url is:

EDIT: Link Removed

virginmedia opinion survey.png

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: virginmedia opinion survey phishing scam

Welcome to the forum. These scam surveys have already been pointed out to VM and are listed as known scams on their reporting site: http://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/index.php

If you receive a phishing message and it is not already listed on that site then please use the reporting page to let VM know.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Welcome to the forum. These scam surveys have already been pointed out to VM and are listed as known scams on their reporting site: http://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/index.php

If you receive a phishing message and it is not already listed on that site then please use the reporting page to let VM know.

deeann
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I would also like to report this scam .  Despite blocking pop-ups, this annoying " Virgin Media Survey" keeps appearing on various web sites that I am on.   I then lose the page I am viewing. I also have internet security and have just done a full scan which shows that there is no virus on my computer.  I am now warning the rest of my family about this scam but I do think Virgin Media should take some responsibility and do what they can to sort this out.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As have been discussed elsewhere on the board, there is very little Virgin Media can do. The websites in question are outside of Virgin Media's network, and at no stage are Virgin Media involved in this scam

There is a sticky at the top of this Security board with advice on these http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Fraudulent-Surveys/td-p/2848898

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own