Menu
adshaw01
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

letter re: security compromise on husbands e-mail account, is this letter genuine

I've had a letter re: my husbands e-mail account stating that it has been compromised.  this account has not been used for 9 years.  When I rang the number on the letter they asked for my full account password, this has never happened before they have always asked for partial letters from the password.  is this letter genuine?  and what do I do next.  I have been unable to speak to someone via 150.  thanks for any help

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: letter re: security compromise on husbands e-mail account, is this letter genuine

adshaw01 wrote:

I've had a letter re: my husbands e-mail account stating that it has been compromised.  this account has not been used for 9 years.  When I rang the number on the letter they asked for my full account password, this has never happened before they have always asked for partial letters from the password.  is this letter genuine?  and what do I do next.  I have been unable to speak to someone via 150.  thanks for any help

if you dont use the email address then feel free to ignore the letter, i've been asked for the password on the account when i've called up without bothering to type in my account details

0 Kudos
adshaw01
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: letter re: security compromise on husbands e-mail account, is this letter genuine

thank you for your answer.  took me ages but I finally got to speak to a human!!!  they told me what you have.  thanks again

0 Kudos