Menu
geriann
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

how do i stop these calls?

Last Thursday i had a call from Virgin Media saying there's a problem with my router.
I've had these calls before & Virgin confirmed it's a scam, so i hung up.
i called 1471, it was an anonymous number.

Recently i've had several calls from "BT" or "your internet provider" saying there's a problem with my computer/internet. just like when they say they're Windows or Microsoft. i know they're all scams, but is there any way of stopping them?
i also get silent calls. is there any way of stopping them?

i've heard some phone providers give their customers a free call blocker thingy for their landline. do Virgin?
0 Kudos
KeithW
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do i stop these calls?

You can buy telephones that have this facility built in (True Call) - You would need to add caller display to your telephone package to make use of a telephone with this feature

******************************************************************************************************************************
All the voices in my head are my own voices - Find your own!

If I have helped you then please click on the "thumbs up" icon.

If you feel I have helped to solve your problem then please mark my message as a "Helpful Answer"

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

call guardian is another. It's what I use. or some handsets offer a local store of numbers to block. my old once could store 30.

as said though, you have to pay for caller ID for any of these to work

cheaper is a loud whistle to blow into the phone Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
hippyclone
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media provide Anonymous Caller Reject which I believe should prevent any withheld number calls getting through but there is, at the time of posting, a £2.70 a monthly fee for that.

http://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/010417_Everyday_Call...