Menu
bethanymaiden19
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

fraud

I know someone who’s using someone else’s name to get virgin media broadband as I believe she is black listed and cannot get internet with her real name she is also using her daughters bank account how do I go about reporting t thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: fraud

You have reported it by posting here. It will be a few days before you get a staff response.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

first stop i would suggest is the police or via https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You have reported it by posting here. It will be a few days before you get a staff response.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

first stop i would suggest is the police or via https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
nsharma
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have had a similar issue with a fraudulent account created in my name.

The fraud team have closed the account for me but it is still on my credit score and is stopping me from getting a mortgage.

Please can someone help me to get this addressed asap. Calling Virgin just leads to being transferred to about 3 different people before ending up back where I started!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@nsharma Ring 0345 454 1111, choose option 1,  key nothing in when prompted, once through to the main menu go with either Option 4 -> Option 1 or option 4 -> option 5. Ask to be put through to the Consumer Underwriting Team.

Also 798 / 0345 600 0789 is callable and you can make the request via it. Any of those ways will get you through to the team.

Or use the email address: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk if using Email might not get reply for around 21 days+
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@nsharmawrote:

I have had a similar issue with a fraudulent account created in my name.

The fraud team have closed the account for me but it is still on my credit score and is stopping me from getting a mortgage.

Please can someone help me to get this addressed asap. Calling Virgin just leads to being transferred to about 3 different people before ending up back where I started!

Tell the credit reference agency to correct your credit file as the data entry has nothing to do with you and it should be delete; contact the Information Commissionaire's Office (ICO) if they refuses to correct the data entry or offers to add a note against it.

nsharma
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help. Will do.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey nsharma

Just an aside to the support our community have offered which is bang on the money above too, this process takes up to 28 days, just so you know.

If you can keep the emails you send to the Consumer Underwriting teams and if this isn't resolved within the 28 days pop back here to let us know and we can at this point escalate this further for you.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
nsharma
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen. 

That's very helpful. 

Nik

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No worries Nik

It's what we're here for Smiley Very Happy

Just keep in touch on this thread if this isn't  sorted by mid March for you.

Cheers lovely.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos