Menu
jkj22
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

firewall activity help

Hi, I have had a confirmed crime committed via my router (someone known to me gained access to my network, although I have now changed the router password) and I have now found recent activity on my firewall log that I am worried about and so would like it explained if possible please!

I know a little about IP addresses etc but only what Ive had to learn to try to resolve the issues I've had, so if you could please explain at a fairly basic level and let me know if it is anything that suggests that someone is trying to access my network, and if that breach can potentially be traced, via the IP addresses that are shown, I would be extremely grateful.

The log gives me a Source IP, a Target Port Number of 68 and the Event Description says DHCP WAN IP - then gives another IP address 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: firewall activity help

Hi jkj22,

Please check out the support information on our Security Hub help site, if you flag the attack to our Security Team (via the link provided) they may be able to help, particularly if it originates from a VM IP address!

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jkj22
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: firewall activity help

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your reply. I have spoken to someone at Virgin now and it has been forwarded to the security team for investigation and I am awaiting their response. Thank you very much for your help! Julia
0 Kudos