Menu
nat8888lie
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

been charged 59 99 by cba f secure and i dont know what for

been charged 59 pound 99 pence by cba f-secure and i dont know why been on the phone to them and they have no records of this

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: been charged 59 99 by cba f secure and i dont know what for

It looks like an annual subscription starting up, does the payment show as from then, if so does it have a reference, their website has a web chat feature I'd go there first, I expect you had a 28 day free offer or suchlike and failed to cancel it Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Or may have had the anti-virus installed.

With a lot of Anti-virus software the purchase default is automatic renewal.

until or unless you go into your account with Anti-virus company and reset it to manual renewal.

I think though there may be a way to cancel if you make inquiries with the sales team at the company.

0 Kudos
Compbck
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There are plenty of FREE security programs out there that do the job as well as any of the paid versions.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1. be careful who you give tou card numbers/bank details  to . they cannot charge you for renewals if they do not have those

2. report it to your card issuer as an unauthorised transaction. you will have to complete deispute forms then they will go seek porrof of consent form whover made the charge. if that is not forthcoming you shoudl get your money back

3. it should be easy peasy to check with google a) whether this company has a 59.99 rate b) whether they take annual renewal fees

4. if you signed up without reading the small print, that's on you; they may not be obliged to refund anyhthing, and worst case, you'll have trouble cancelling future years also.

answers 3a - yes

3 devices, 1 year
£59.99

https://www.f-secure.com/en_GB/web/home_gb/anti-virus-renew

cba = cleverbridge AG, probably

Cleverbridge AG is the F-Secure reseller

0 Kudos