Menu
Highlighted
willH1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Yodel

Yodel have delivered 2 packages over the last 2 days:the first a HUB 3 which the email said was left with a neighbour but was actually left in the back garden in the rain; the second  the email said had been delivered but was actually left on my front windowsill in full view of passers by.

I tried the contact points on the Virgin sire but all Chat Users were busy, there was no email address option and I can't phone from work to complain.

If either of these had gone missing - who would have been liable as in both cases Yodel said they had delivered the items.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel

Hi willH1

I am sorry to hear that the Yodel delivery driver failed to meet required expectations with care and security of our parcels to you.

As the complaint would be against their delivery standards this would have to be logged with Yodel.

You can find out how to raise this with them via their Contact options.

A complaint raised with us would only be able to be logged with us. We cannot influence or complain to Yodel on your behalf.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kindest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel

Karen_A wrote:

Hi willH1

I am sorry to hear that the Yodel delivery driver failed to meet required expectations with care and security of our parcels to you.

As the complaint would be against their delivery standards this would have to be logged with Yodel.

You can find out how to raise this with them via their Contact options.

A complaint raised with us would only be able to be logged with us. We cannot influence or complain to Yodel on your behalf.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kindest regards.

You must be joking?

According to the Sales Of Goods Act 1979:-

Part IV Section 32:2

32Delivery to carrier.

(1)Where, in pursuance of a contract of sale, the seller is authorised or required to send the goods to the buyer, delivery of the goods to a carrier (whether named by the buyer or not) for the purpose of transmission to the buyer is prima facie deemed to be a delivery of the goods to the buyer.

(2)Unless otherwise authorised by the buyer, the seller must make such contract with the carrier on behalf of the buyer as may be reasonable having regard to the nature of the goods and the other circumstances of the case; and if the seller omits to do so, and the goods are lost or damaged in course of transit, the buyer may decline to treat the delivery to the carrier as a delivery to himself or may hold the seller responsible in damages.

(3)Unless otherwise agreed, where goods are sent by the seller to the buyer by a route involving sea transit, under circumstances in which it is usual to insure, the seller must give such notice to the buyer as may enable him to insure them during their sea transit; and if the seller fails to do so, the goods are at his risk during such sea transit.

According to the CAB:- https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/post/complaining-about-a-courier-company/

If you’ve had a problem with a delivery from a courier company, you should:

• complain to the seller - if you bought the item
  • complain directly to the courier - if you didn’t buy the item

Complaining to the seller

The seller has a legal responsibility to get your item to you. If there’s a problem with the delivery, they're responsible.

It's Virgin Media who have a contract with the courier, not the customer. As such it's VM's responsibility to deal with delivery problems such as these.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos