Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (302 Views)

Website blocked

Hi there,

I've attempted to contact the web safe feedback team a number of times now after getting reports that customers to our website are being blocked by Virgin Media web safe filter. 

Here is what I put in the first mail I sent on 5th April. 

My company website (https://www.piranhr.com) has been blocked by your web safe feature. This was done after Google identified a potential malware threat on the site. This was due to an old subdomain that we no longer used, forwarding to a server IP we no longer owned. The IP is now owned by someone else who hosted malware on it.

I’ve attached a screenshot from the google search console showing that their review was successful. I’m now requesting that you conduct a similar review to remove the block.

Screenshot 2017-04-05 09.27.06.png

Please provide advice on how we can get it unblocked ASAP as we are losing significant business here.

Many thanks,

Duncan Lewis

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4 (274 Views)

Re: Website blocked

AFAICS, your website is now blocked only if the Gambling category is blocked within Web Safe by the user.

Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

Re: Website blocked

用心棒 wrote:

AFAICS, your website is now blocked only if the Gambling category is blocked within Web Safe by the user.

Considering the site is gambling related this would seem perfectly fine, this would be the web filter doing its job in this case OP

Just joined
Message 4 of 4 (122 Views)

Re: My website also blocked

Hi

If anyone can advise I would be most grateful. I received a message from a client this morning that when they attempted to access our website, they were blocked.

www.circleofmisse.com

Given that our site is a creative writing and cooking travel site, I can't see any logical reason why Virgin would block this. I thought it might be some sort of malware problem, but as the site is logged with Google security, I would be the first to be notified.

Any thoughts?

IMG_4453.PNG

0 Kudos