Menu
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WARNING - PHISHING EMAIL

Just had what's obviously a phishing email – see screenshot.

Thought I'd put the warning out there but hopefully everyone's savvy enough not to click on the link.

Untitled.jpeg  

0 Kudos
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WARNING - PHISHING EMAIL

Hi C_J_W,

You are correct, this is a scam email.

You should report this on http://netreport.virginmedia.com and Virgin will do the rest. Just delete the email, and ensure no links are pressed.
Dan
Views expressed are solely my own, and do not reflect on Virgin Media directly
If however you feel that my answer is helpful or informative, please click the kudos button below!
0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dan

Looked at that site but didn't seem to be working for me for some reason so decided to put it to the community as better to do that than do nothing – hopefully a mod will pick it up and action something. Unfortunately email has now been deleted from my inbox and from trash.

0 Kudos
iinweed
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have submitted the details from the email I received. Hopefully they will stamp this out fairly quickly.
iinweed
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Note to self - read the stickies more carefully.... Looks like this was noticed hours ago and is in hand.
0 Kudos
dianas1968
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I just received one today too.  It was almost scarily real looking.  Main warning flag was the use of "Sir or Madam" instead of my husband's name.  Then there was the warning of almost instant disconnection.  I can't imagine that VM would disconnect service on the first instant of missing a bill payment.  Still, I had to research it!

Lowlifes!

0 Kudos