Menu
xxamine
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Account is Disabled for Security Reasons

Not sure if this one has been flagged up b4, but i received an email regards a login attempt, seems to be a phishing spam, one of the clues was when they asked me to sing into virgin media , made a chuckle Cat LOL

Our system has detected an unauthorized login attempt to your Virgin Media from an IP address location different than one you usually use.

There is no need to change your password or other information about your Virgin Media Account

In order to protect your account, we will disable your Virgin Media due to our concern for the safety and integrity of the Virgin Media community.

In order to confirm that you are the rightful owner of this account.

We recommend that you go to: Sing into My Virgin Media

To complete the process, we just need to verify that this email address belongs to you.

Simply click the link above and sign in using your Virgin Media Account and Password.

Thank you for using Virgin Media services.

Please do not reply to this email, the address this email was sent from is not monitored. If you need to speak to us about this email, please refer to the Contact Us section of our website.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Account is Disabled for Security Reasons

While you have line scored through the phishing link, it is still "live"!

If you are reading this post - don't click on the link given!

P.S. Just noticed that the Sing into My Virgin Media link provided is also still live. Don't click on that one either!

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Active, and potentially dangerous links flagged to the moderators @ 17.00 Hrs. on the 21st. January. It's now 00.45 on the 22nd. January and the links are still active.

Don't click on either of the links in the original post and hopefully they will be removed soon.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
xxamine
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for that, i did try to edit it at the time, but edit wasn't an option, not sure why