Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Employee Messing With My Connection?

I am not saying this is the case, but it is absolutely suspicious.

I had a call from a foreign woman (Malaysian Filipino) from number 08001836403 could hardly understand a damn word she was saying but knew she was trying to push me into upgrading either Internet/TV/Phone/Mobile etc, told her straight, I do not watch TV, I am disconnecting my BT line because I hardly use it, and don;t want Virgin mobile as I have already had it, did not like and now use O2, and that I have virgin internet and do not wish to upgrade as I have already downgraded to 50MB which is good enough for my requirements.

But she kept on and on and on like a damn stuck record, and after 20 mins or so I hung up.

Now a few hours later, all my devices were disconnected and would not reconnect, I reboot the router, no different, so I had to reconnect all my devices again, after removing them from within my router settings.

Very suspicious huh? I have had Virgin internet for several years and have been a damn good customer, and right now I want to cancel and go elsewhere, because I can't figure out any other reason why this would have happened to my connection.

So can this be looked into, as I am not prepared to wait on an 0345 number for ages costing me money I don't have to waste, waiting for help to answer me.

shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Employee Messing With My Connection?

LoneRenegade wrote:

I am not saying this is the case, but it is absolutely suspicious.

I had a call from a foreign woman (Malaysian Filipino) from number 08001836403 could hardly understand a damn word she was saying but knew she was trying to push me into upgrading either Internet/TV/Phone/Mobile etc, told her straight, I do not watch TV, I am disconnecting my BT line because I hardly use it, and don;t want Virgin mobile as I have already had it, did not like and now use O2, and that I have virgin internet and do not wish to upgrade as I have already downgraded to 50MB which is good enough for my requirements.

But she kept on and on and on like a damn stuck record, and after 20 mins or so I hung up.

Now a few hours later, all my devices were disconnected and would not reconnect, I reboot the router, no different, so I had to reconnect all my devices again, after removing them from within my router settings.

Very suspicious huh? I have had Virgin internet for several years and have been a damn good customer, and right now I want to cancel and go elsewhere, because I can't figure out any other reason why this would have happened to my connection.

So can this be looked into, as I am not prepared to wait on an 0345 number for ages costing me money I don't have to waste, waiting for help to answer me.

If you're on a contract with O2 then 03 numbers are included in your inclusive minutes, all 01, 02 and 03 numbers are, its why companies are being forced to use 0345 instead of 0845

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm not on contract of any sort, I'm just a PAYG customer, which would probably cost me about £5 to £10 to make that one call, and I will not do that.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

why did you waste 20 mins listening to her

it seems dodgy but i doubt that offshore sales agents have the power to mess with your system.

have you called the 0800 status line to check for any local faults

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I just put the phone down and let her garble on, I explained I was not interested, she decided otherwise, so I wasted her time, like she was doing to me, tired of talking to ignorant people, especially foreigners with dialect you can barely understand, typical of companies these days.
The number is legit, I checked, and it seems very suspicious things went wrong a short time after I silenced her by hanging up on her.
The 0800 number is impossible to get through on, and I'd probably end up talking to some foreign operator I can't understand anyway,
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

VM take a week or so to get to threads and even then not sure what they can do - they can test things from their end and may be able to look at the account to see if there are any notes

will flag this but not a lot will happen today as its sunday

@ModTeam - can someone have a look please

Tony
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony

I just think it is very suspicious, and would like it looked into, if it was a company employee who was messing with my connection, they should dismiss that employee, they should not treat a customer in this way what so ever.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

virgin staff could perhaps honestly ( stop laughing) tell us whether an off-shore sales agent has the technical ability to mess with your connection in any way. 

I would expect them to be simple order takers who pass the upgrade info to someone else to action. but for all we know she has a mate in the offshore "help" section who CAN do damage to anyone she is p****d off with.

as for checking account notes - she's not likely to leave a note saying called MR X, he gave me a lot of attitude so I got my mate to crash his hub Smiley Happy

On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yeah like Virgin would never lie to us would they (chuckle)
With all the foreigners these days having access to our accounts and billing etc, nothing would surprise me nowadays.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi LoneRenegade, 

I am sorry to hear about your troubles faced with regards to this matter, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have run some diagnostic checks on your connection and I noticed that everything looks great with your Hub! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

I can confirm that nobody has tampered with your account, everything looks normal from our end. With regards as to why your connection went down I believe this to be just a coincidence. How are you connected, wired or wireless?

If you're connecting through WiFi, then you can try changing some of the Hubs wireless channels to try and improve performance.

When you noticed the connection had dropped, did the Hubs light sequence change at all?

I look forward to your response, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos