davesuttonuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V Mobile account phishing

I received the attached today:

Notification of unpaid bill
Dear Sir/Madam,

An amount from your last bill remains unpaid. Full payment of the 'Balance brought forward' needs to be made immediately. Due to this, to ensure that your service is not interrupted, we request you to confirm and update your billing information today.
Account is scheduled for disconnection on 13/03/2017

If you'd like to get started, you'll find all the details at my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status/ebilling/
Manage your account - on your computer, tablet or smartphone; register or sign in to My Virgin Media at
My Virgin Media Account for more information.
Kind regards,

Mark Davidson,
Executive Director, Customer Care
Things to Note
• If you are on a promotional offer we will honour it. Some of your increase may therefore happen at the end of your promotional offer. Visit virginmedia.com/discovermore to find out more.
• If you are one of the thousands of customers that have Line Rental Saver you will continue to benefit from this fantastic offer. Some of your increase may therefore happen at the end of your Line Rental Saver period.
• Information and prices correct at the time of going to press.

Looking at my account everything looks OK

The email purports to come from eBilling@virginmedia.org .It looks false but can someone please confirm and stop it?it

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V Mobile account phishing

This is certainly a phishing attempt as Virgin don't use the name virginmedia.org - although e-mails could be made to show from any address so that is a bit irrelevant anyway.

Never click on any links in e-mails as although the copy/paste shows a valid my.virginmedia.com address I believe if you hover over the link in the e-mail you received it will actually be showing a completely different link.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts.  If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' too.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos