Menu
Misuseddata
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unwanted emails from Virgin Media

I am a former customer of Virgin Media, but continue to receive regular emails suggesting that I am.

I called your customer services number on the 17th March as I had received 4 emails in a 24 hour period suggesting that I had set up new services/a change off tariff email/refer a friend and then one saying 'sorry you're leaving'

After initially only being offered an apology. I eventually was told that my email address was linked to my former address and the now occupants have set up services with Virgin Media, I am receiving emails meant for them.

Infuriatingly, despite being told that 'the system has been updated' I continue to receive emails, even one asking for my customer feedback.

I am pretty sure this is mis-using my personal data? I'm sure the occupants of my former address would be just as annoyed about this.

Calling customer services clearly was a waste of time, hence this post of a forum!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unwanted emails from Virgin Media

Hi Misuseddata,

I am sincerely sorry about this and promise to do all I can to get this matter rectified. I shall need some information from you relating to your former address and your email account. 

I don't want you to post this information publicly so please respond to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll see what we can do to sort this out for you.

Thank you,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Vince2
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unwanted emails from Virgin Media

I'm very unhappy to be greeted on a daily basis by the mail service being unavailable at times. Then there are the crap mails on a daily basis to my wife when we shared an email address over 10 years ago. Contact with your foreign call centre has left me frustrated to the point of changing supplier completely. What a complete joke virgin media is...................

0 Kudos