Menu
Realfedup
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Texts from Virgin not meant for me

Virgin have sent me 3 txts today not meant for me, saying my parcel has been delivered by Yodel (oh no it hasn't as I haven't ordered anything), and that we can set the kit up and get going as they have sent a signal to my home. I already have a very good, operational Virgin system but I have no way - without a cost to me - to tell them that they are irritating me and probably letting someone else down. I have been unable to use online chat (all agents are busy) and the phone call I tried never gave me an option to speak to someone. I hung up when the 'voice' said to me that they would send signals to test my equipment. I just wanted to speak to someone.

Anyone know an easy way to actually get a message to a human being at Virgin?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Texts from Virgin not meant for me

Realfedup wrote:

Virgin have sent me 3 txts today not meant for me, saying my parcel has been delivered by Yodel (oh no it hasn't as I haven't ordered anything), and that we can set the kit up and get going as they have sent a signal to my home. I already have a very good, operational Virgin system but I have no way - without a cost to me - to tell them that they are irritating me and probably letting someone else down. I have been unable to use online chat (all agents are busy) and the phone call I tried never gave me an option to speak to someone. I hung up when the 'voice' said to me that they would send signals to test my equipment. I just wanted to speak to someone.

you just have but it will take them a week or so to see it 

Tony
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Realfedup wrote:

you just have but it will take them a week or so to see it 

Tony
0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'll flag this for a mod as it is a data protection issue. 

It's flagged now, hopefully someone will contact you here quite soon.

If you get parcels for other people you don't know, you can simply refuse the delivery and Yodel should take it off your hands.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi realfedup

Many thanks for dropping by with your post about the incorrect texts received.

I really appreciate you taking the time too, to join us on the community and a warm welcome to the forums.

Given what you have said it sounds like your number has been incorrectly added as a contact for another account. This could have been due to a typing error or a customer giving us the wrong number as these things can happen sometimes.

For me to check into this for you I'll need to take some details from you. If you can pop back to me on the pm I'm sending to you then that would be great Smiley Happy

You can find this in the next to your forum name.

Speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"